OpenVPN Client-to-Site routing all traffic through VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 16:44:21
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

I just added the Omada OC300 contoller to our office network and added our TP-Link TL-R605 router to it to use OpenVPN as the VPN server.

I added the Client-to-Site VPN configuration and exported the config.

With the OpenVPN client it is possible to connect and to access resources inside our office network. However, by default not all traffic from the client is going through the VPN. When accessing the internet the client is not going through VPN, which results in some external resources ony available from our office network are not accessible through VPN because the client is using his own ip-address.

I tried adding a few changes to the VPN client-config like "redirect-gateway autolocal" but that results in no internet access at all when connected through VPN. So at the VPN-server side there needs to be something added/modified. I know that I am not the first or the only one with these kind of issues, but can not find a good solution to have all traffic from the client gone through the VPN-tunnel.

Anyone who has resolved this?

Options
17 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Client-to-Site routing all traffic through VPN
2022-01-26 19:36:53

@Mvdput...vpn client to site & open vpn server both failed to configure to omada controller. for the past 1month tryig but still can not connected, anyone pls help me cofigure.

Options
2022-01-27 06:50:45 - last edited 2022-01-27 06:51:10

@Mvdput 

Such a function is not available yet. This will be added in the future version. ETA V5.2 or V5.3 quote from the support team. 

Options
2022-01-27 06:52:42

@Veerabhadra_515 

What happened to be helpful to me: https://youtu.be/Or0msus1A9I

Options
2022-01-27 12:01:20

@John1234 I don't understand why it is not possible to route all traffic through the VPN tunnel. Thaty should be a standard feature.

Is there any idea when V5.2 or 5.3 will be released?

Options
2022-01-27 17:05:44

@Mvdput ...

reply to this didn't help me at all. My OpenVPN is already working fine, except for routing all traffic through the tunnel.

can u pls help me to configure open vpn setup to my controller

Options
2022-01-28 05:55:13

@Mvdput 

Unknown. 

Options
2022-05-01 12:58:29

@Mvdput 
Have you resolved the issue?

Options
2022-05-01 13:04:57

@DomenicoRD Hi, no unfortunately not. I could not get this to work

Options
2022-05-13 18:54:22

@Mvdput 

"OpenVPN Client-to-Site routing all traffic through VPN"

I have worked with many different gateway brands and setup multiple Client-Site and Site-Site VPN's and this is the first gateway I have found that doesn't have the option  for "Full Tunneling" to route all traffic through VPN. This needs to be updated, I have to use a second gateway and VPN on my Network  with ports forwarded on my ER605 so I can achieve "Full Tunnelling" through A VPN hosted on a different gateway appliance. there are many reason's why this is necessary for Client-Site and on a Site-Site VPN setup. There needs to be an Option added just like on almost any other Gateway VPN host that allows "Full Tunneling".

Thanks,

Please add this in the next firmware update!! Otherwise I have been very happy with my ER605 and OC300 Omada environment.

Thanks,

Options
2022-10-18 14:19:02

Another vote for the "redirect-gateway" client flag being supported.  This works with my Synology OpenVPN server.  It's great that the Omada router has a built-in OpenVPN server but not if it doesn't support the complete capabilities of OpenVPN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 6571

Replies: 17