Guide to Installing Omada Software Controller on Raspberry Pi OS - V5

Guide to Installing Omada Software Controller on Raspberry Pi OS - V5

106 Reply
Re:Guide to Installing Omada Software Controller on Raspberry Pi OS - V5
2024-01-19 00:57:05

@spiceyux

Thank you for posting this.

Maybe one day it will be possible and perhaps even supported by TP.

For now I decided to uninstall the controller, hard reset my router (to make it forget the controller), and reconfigure it using only the browser interface.

It actually worked. If my memory suits me I made a route to my backup 5G router and set the route to my fiber router to take priority.

The logging and management of the controller is not there.

I did consider buying another router - but now it works (sort of) ....

:-) Freddy 

Options
2024-01-19 01:06:49

@FreddyFremad 

heh, well, whatever works. I'm actually toying with the idea of doing a setup from scratch on the raspberry pi and seeing how it behaves. Can't migrate but perhaps moving forward I'd be ok. Of course, that's just a LOT of work to reset switches and AP and then rebind them with the new controller, set up all the reservations and NAT forwarding and all of that. 

perhaps I'll just use my RPi 4 ;)

carry on and good luck!

Options
2024-01-21 17:25:16

@kilovar Just a heads up with the new version of the Omada Software Controller, I was able to use that at the end versus 5.12.  See command below:

sudo dpkg --ignore-depends=jsvc -i omada_v5.13.23_linux_x64_20231228194020_1705040408024.deb

This all worked great to install on my new Raspberry pi 5 I had setup.  I initially tried docker which I thought was not working, albeit that I think was because I was trying to go to port 8043 directly which was not right.  I had to go to 8088.  Anyway, uninstalled the docker version, used these instructions, and was in business!

Options
2024-02-01 15:58:51

@kilovar Salut j'ai d'installer cette version sur mint cinnamon ou sur Raspberry pi 3B+ Os raspbian et je me retrouve toujours bloquer soit par ce que les parquet son corronpue ou je n'est pas les droit superutilsateur et meme avec ca ne fonction il met impossible de l'installer.

pouvez vous m'aide

Options
2024-02-01 16:19:41

@Philneo This guide is for Raspberry Pi OS specifically. Working knowledge of Debian based install procedures is a requirement. The ability to get superuser (or sudo) access is another requirement, and is outside the scope of this guide. The guide has been tested and works on Raspberry Pi3B+.  It sounds like the missing part is basic debian linux knowledge.

Philneo wrote

@kilovar Salut j'ai d'installer cette version sur mint cinnamon ou sur Raspberry pi 3B+ Os raspbian et je me retrouve toujours bloquer soit par ce que les parquet son corronpue ou je n'est pas les droit superutilsateur et meme avec ca ne fonction il met impossible de l'installer.

pouvez vous m'aide

Options
2024-02-08 06:09:20 - last edited 2024-02-08 06:24:48

Screenshot   @kilovar 

has anyone managed to bind their rPi controller to their TP Link account? When I try I get a "general error"

Options
2024-02-08 15:44:31
Never had an issue linking to my TP-Link ID. All I can offer is a reminder that the TP-Link ID is not the same as the username and password for local access to the controller - perhaps you are mixing up the two
Options
2024-02-08 15:47:58

@kilovar @VE7KOD agree, never had issues loging in/binding but have definitely gotten my local/admin/cloud creds confused a few times. 

Options
2024-02-08 22:52:02

Thanks.. Thinking it's something to do with my DNS server also being on the localhost I'm running the controller on, or a port forwarding issue thru the firewall (all Omada/Jetstream). I can click 'check for updates' for the controller and it works, confirms I'm on the latest version, so I'm a bit stumped at the moment but still working on it.

Thanks for the replies..

Jesse

Options
2024-02-09 00:14:53

Got it sorted.. 

Had to delete all the files under /opt/tplink/EAPController/data/db/

Then reinstalled the deb file and went through the CLI wizard again. Once that was done, I then had to re-do the webgui but skip all the set up stuff and head straight to the Cloud Access and bind the controller. Worked first time.

Then I had to re-adopt all my devices etc (if I was thinking I could have just exported the setup before deleting all those files... ) 

FYI for anyone in the future. 

Options