Can't Connect to Controller - Certificate Error?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 21:24:43
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6

I can't connect to my controller (OC300) today through Brave.

It used to just give me a warning and say it was unsafe, but for whatever reason it's not letting me through today. 

4cd184a8bf5442e9bd83787fba38bb92

While obviously something changed in Brave or my security settings, I shouldn't have ignored the root cause of a certificate/credentials in the past. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Connect to Controller - Certificate Error?
2022-02-12 11:08:51

@JoeyO_CO 

This seems to be an issue with a recent Brave update, cant recreate it in Firefox

Guessing you are using the default local certificate?  Namely not installed your own secure cert?

Options
2022-02-12 20:36:01

@Philbert 

Thanks for the reply. I also can get past it on Firefox, but I still see the warning. 

In Firefox are you still seeing the warning on yours? 

And correct I am using the default certificate. How would I create my own? 

Options
2022-02-13 22:58:32

@JoeyO_CO 

I added the default certificate to the exceptions in Firefox so it no longer prompts, Brave wouldn't let me do that sadly. 

However if you do want to add a HTTPs certificate, you can do this via  SETTINGS  >  HTTPS Certificate.  But you would need to purchase a certificate for yourself

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 3

Related Articles