HDHomeRun+Archer C7+ Plex Media Server?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-12 02:28:26 - last edited 2022-02-15 08:36:13
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm seeking help from the open wrt community with my new Archer C7: 

I am looking to configure a wireless bridge Network as follows: 

1.TV antenna signal (connected via coaxial cable) to 

2.HDHomeRun (HDHR)(antenna signal processor) (connected by ethernet cable) to 

3.TP-Link Archer C7 V5 (client)

...(to transmit satellite signal wirelessly)...to

4. Internet Service Provider (ISP) modem/router ( Cogeco -Hitron CODA-4589 modem) (to allow broadcasting of the antenna signal to other TVs wirelessly in house).

I have configured the C7 to pass the HDHR antennae signal to the ISP modem - with my HDHR mobile app I watch live TV.

My challenge:

I would like to install Plex Media Server on the C7 to broadcast the antennae signal to Plex app on my 3 home Smart TVs.

(I can download Plex MS on my Windows OS laptop, but it will have to be always on with Plex MS active in the background to reach the TVs)

I see TP-Link to enable Media Server (image, file sharing) - (how) can I install/activate ex Media Server on the C7?

Any assistance here is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HDHomeRun+Archer C7+ Plex Media Server?-Solution
2022-02-12 15:33:49 - last edited 2022-02-15 08:36:13

@stephenbeech 

Unfortunately you can't install Plex Media Server on your C7. The USB functions on C7 are only for file/media content sharing:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:HDHomeRun+Archer C7+ Plex Media Server?-Solution
2022-02-12 15:33:49 - last edited 2022-02-15 08:36:13

@stephenbeech 

Unfortunately you can't install Plex Media Server on your C7. The USB functions on C7 are only for file/media content sharing:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HDHomeRun+Archer C7+ Plex Media Server?
2022-02-12 22:43:59

@terziyski - thanks for the prompt reply! (darn).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 2

Related Articles