Double NAT problem on ER 605 with double LTE WANs connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-25 18:26:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20210723 Rel.64608

Hi there,

I use ER605 to aggregate bandwidth of 2 LTE connections bandwidth. I made a very basic configruation, with dynamic IP on both WAN, and load balancing enabled (with application optimization and bandwidth based balance routing both disabled). All the rest of the settings are as set out of the box.

Bandwidth aggregation works.

However, there as some sites that require to log in that do not work properly (log in not possible) when both WANs are up. When one of the WAN is down those troubled sites start to work and log in is possible without any issue. I was adivised that it might be related to double NAT problem.

How shall I configure my ER605 and/or other network elements to make it work without errors described above?

My network setup is the following:

• 2 LTE modems / routers connected to ER605 WAN inputs
  • ER605 LAN output connected to tp-link deco M9 mesh router  

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Double NAT problem on ER 605 with double LTE WANs connected
2022-02-25 19:32:37

@_PJ Hi, I had a simlar problem when I was trying to aggregate a lte and wifi bridge (our local ISP offers internet via a long range wifi link) connection with a er605, the problem is you havent got a true aggregated connection you have got 2 different connections each with its own ip address and so if your trying to log into a website it might use either of those addresses at random.

So far the only soloution I have found are that you need to do is to either enable Application optimized routing (then the er605 will always allocate the same connection to the device) this shares out the 2 connections equally accross the network, so its not aggregating them unfortunatly.

I am currently trialing a VPN connection betweeen a remote location (LTE and Wifi Bridge) and my main site (Fibre) using 2 vpn tunnels and so far i'm having mixed results but the end site is then using my main sites internet connection and bandwidth, this is a solution for me as I have multiple sites but i beleive there are services you can subscribe to that offer a simlar experiance so you'd connect your 2 connections to the same aggregated vpn provider and then the provider would combine the connections for you.

Options
Re:Double NAT problem on ER 605 with double LTE WANs connected
2022-03-01 05:53:42

@_PJ Some steps you may try:

1. Make sure you have public IP on both WAN;

2. Enable Application Optimized Routing, on the Load Balance settings page;

3. Configure Deco as Access Point mode

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 2