Votes

Omada SDN insights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Omada SDN insights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Omada SDN insights
Omada SDN insights
2022-03-12 16:50:00 - last edited 2022-03-12 17:05:52

I really would like to see more information given in the firewall logging, at the very least a source IP address of where the attack is coming from and the WAN port it is arriving on The current logs for the firewall are a bit useless - something happened and thats about it.

If i know the IP address I can at least then put a deny rule on the firewall to either an IP or network.

While on the subect of seeing what is going on an established NAT sessions table would alse be a useful addition.

The insights and logs are not particularly brilliant - work is needed - I would suggest having a look at the Unify interface which is way more intuitive and polished.

Hopefully this can be looked at.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada SDN insights
2022-03-12 21:16:00

@biomed32uk 

On a reddit post recently someone linked a TPLink roadmap for Omada, sadly cant find it now.. ..   however the roadmap did indicate possible Firewall / IDS type changes for v5 SDN in 2nd half of 2022

Hopefully that is the case!

Options
Re:Omada SDN insights
2022-03-13 17:51:31

@Philbert Thanks for the info, I hope this happens as it's quite lacking in this area. Some much deeper and granular control with the firewall is required, and much more detail of what is happening with the system overall. Sometimes I feel the system has too many gimmicky graphs with dubious stats that are not really of much use while the more technical information is missing. My old Draytek router had a very comprehensive firewall on it.

I work for a Chinese med tech company and know that things are played close sometimes, and that product improvements can be quite challenging sometimes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 449

Replies: 2

Voters 2