Solcon IPTV and Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solcon IPTV and Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Solcon IPTV and Omada
Solcon IPTV and Omada
2022-04-01 16:03:53
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hii All, 

I'm struggle now for a while with this problem. but i can't get IPTV working. 

I have also tryed the new IPTV option on the Omada SDN and it works for 1 tvbox. But than i can't reatch the tvbox because its in an different range.

My provider Solcon (Netherlands) talks about DHCP options aswell but i can't find them in Omada SDN. Hopefully somebody here can help me?

The follow information is coming from my provider: 

IPTV:

Vlan 188

DHCP

Routed Mode (see specifications for TV/IPTV)

Specifications for TV/IPTV (Google translate :P):

The modem / router device in this case is the end device in the IPTV network, therefore you need to enable IGMP proxy (IGMPv2). must have all network equipment between the router and the TV receiver, IGMPv2 supporting and IGMP connection turned on. This ensures that the multicast TV traffic is only delivered to the ports of the switch to which the TV receiver is connected.

The modem / router receives an IP address in the IPTV network based on the value of DHCP option 60 (Vendor Class Identifier). This value must be equal to the string IPTV_RG (ASCII).

The modem / router then receives the following DHCP options from the DHCP server:

DHCP option 15 (Domain name) This must use the modem / router within the IPTV network

DHCP option 42 (Network Time Protocol Servers): This must use the modem / router within the IPTV network

DHCP option 43 (Vendor-Specific Information): This should be stored in the modem / router and replicated from WAN to LAN when the TV receiver makes a DHCP request to the modem / router.

DHCP option 121 (Classless Static Route): This should use the modem / router to route the IPTV traffic to the IPTV network.

Sorry for (maybe) the bad translation. 

Don't hesitate to ask questions

Options
12 Reply
Re:Solcon IPTV and Omada
2022-04-04 06:24:55

@Aviator14 

First things first, you need to make sure that your modem is on bridge mode. 

If your modem from the ISP is a router, you gotta configure the IPTV on your modem router and you use that to get your TV working. 

You can tell if your modem is a router or on bridge mode modem, check the WAN IP on your ER605. When that's a modem/bridge mode modem, you got IP like a public IP instead of 10.0, 172.168., 192.168., that kind of IPs. 

For the VLAN 188, you put this number in IPTV VLAN. This screenshot only applies to the situation where you need IPTV solely for the TV. And you choose the port down below where you gonna use the TV. In this screenshot, it is WAN/LAN2, that's where you plug the the TV in.  

Options
2022-04-04 17:33:43

@John1234 

I want to remove my ISP modem and connect my ER605 directly to the (FTTH) internet. When i do that i get an internet IP address and not a local IP address. 

I have tried to do it by the IPTV service in Omada but i get a weird IP address on my TV box(But it is working). And we want to connect to the devices as well. We also connect a laptop/computer on that port/cable.

And i guess that we need an DHCP server on that port as well because we have more than 1 TVbox.

hopefully you have any suggestions/advice.

Options
2022-04-07 14:37:12

@John1234 I am a bit confused. I just updated my TL-R605 to version 1.2.0 but can't find the IPTV menu in your screenshot at all. I am managing my router through Omada. Could you point me in the right direction?

Options
2022-04-07 17:52:49

@haggyman You need to update your Omada SDN controller as well to 5.1.7. After the update you can find the IPTV option under settings->services->IPTV 

@John1234 i have done some research on internet and a lot of people talks about an NTP server (DHCP option 42). Is that also available in Omada? it can be te solution for my problem because when in connect the tv box to the Omada network the date an time is not updating. 

Options
2022-04-08 08:57:33

@Aviator14 

Aviator14 wrote

@haggyman You need to update your Omada SDN controller as well to 5.1.7. After the update you can find the IPTV option under settings->services->IPTV 

@John1234 i have done some research on internet and a lot of people talks about an NTP server (DHCP option 42). Is that also available in Omada? it can be te solution for my problem because when in connect the tv box to the Omada network the date an time is not updating. 

There is no DHCP option 42. 

UG, you can set up the NTP server according to it. You can use the microsfot or google server. Search the key words and you'll find the servers.

Options
2022-04-08 17:42:10 - last edited 2022-04-08 17:42:36

@Aviator14 Thank you for your reply. It seems I have to wait for that update to be released as I am using the OC200 hardware controller.

Options
2022-04-15 18:45:31

Still not working. Has somebody suggestions?

Options
2022-04-16 06:47:18

Same here with KPN. A lot of Dutch ISP's use routed IPTV and requires IPTV_RG to be sent with DHCP Option 60 on WAN and a local DHCP-server is required for the TV decoders. A lot of them, for example KPN use both the internet VLAN (6) and the IPTV VLAN (4) for working tv. With KPN the multicast being sent over VLAN 4 and all the meta-data, guide, OTT-content and all other stuff is sent over VLAN 6.

I thought the new options would finally make it possible to install IPTV but it's so limited that I'd rather not have it. 

Options
2022-04-22 14:43:00

I have been looking into this as well. Like @NHendriks my ISP is KPN (The Netherlands). Because of the routed IPTV, we need to be able to add DHCP client option 60 (with the appropriate value) to the WAN configuration being the DHCP client of KPN upstream. Like @NHendriks states, the set-top-boxes from KPN uses both the internet vlan 6 and IPTV vlan 4 (for services as Netflix). To make this work properly (get specific routes for IPTV), we also need to be able to to configure DHCP option 55 (parameter 1, 3, 28 and 121) or to be able to configure these parameters manually. With some other manufacturers, this configuration is already there by default.

So basically we need more comprehensive WAN/IPTV configuration options to make routed IPTV work. @Fae do you know if these functionalities will be added in the near future? If this is not already on the roadmap, I would like to suggest this as a feature request.

I really like the Omada platform and (as a network engineer) I am making people around me enthusiastic for it as well. I appreciate the fact that Omada is not around as long as some other brands, but I think some quick wins can be made to make this product really solid. Routed IPTV is one of them.

Options
2022-04-24 00:58:11

Dear @haggyman,

haggyman wrote

I have been looking into this as well. Like @NHendriks my ISP is KPN (The Netherlands). Because of the routed IPTV, we need to be able to add DHCP client option 60 (with the appropriate value) to the WAN configuration being the DHCP client of KPN upstream. Like @NHendriks states, the set-top-boxes from KPN uses both the internet vlan 6 and IPTV vlan 4 (for services as Netflix). To make this work properly (get specific routes for IPTV), we also need to be able to to configure DHCP option 55 (parameter 1, 3, 28 and 121) or to be able to configure these parameters manually. With some other manufacturers, this configuration is already there by default.

So basically we need more comprehensive WAN/IPTV configuration options to make routed IPTV work. @Fae do you know if these functionalities will be added in the near future? If this is not already on the roadmap, I would like to suggest this as a feature request.

I really like the Omada platform and (as a network engineer) I am making people around me enthusiastic for it as well. I appreciate the fact that Omada is not around as long as some other brands, but I think some quick wins can be made to make this product really solid. Routed IPTV is one of them.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I've recorded this for further investigation and evaluation. As you mentioned that other manufacturers has the required configuration by default, could you please kindly tell us the manufacturer name or device model number if you have?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2695

Replies: 12

Related Articles