EAP265HD Packet Loss? / Optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-01 18:35:20
Model: EAP265 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

Hello, I bought a 265HD and using it with Listen Everywhere server. (Basically it's a silent PA kind of thing, where the server converts the audio (PA Audio) to network and it transmit those data through the app and this is low latency as in no almost delay at all. I can run it without internet. The main issue I have is there were Audio dropouts which are caused by incomplete / unreliable packet delivery on the network side of things according to their support. My question is :

How can I make sure that the each client/devices receives complete packets? Will I need to turn off some settings on the AP like Load Balance? Airtime Fairness? Running the AP Stand-alone Mode. The AP is directly connected to the Listen Everywhere server which also has it's own DHCP server where it can assign IP's to it's client. The other thing I noticed is that the Port speeds seems to be 10mbps FD according to the management portal of the AP. Can this be set manually or it's auto negotiate?. 

Thanks a lot for your response. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP265HD Packet Loss? / Optimization
2022-04-03 18:19:08

@iAsk 

Hey

Just reading your post the first thing that jumps at me is the 10 Mbps on the port of the, this will straight out cripple the traffic and could account for your issues

The Port should auto detect the speed as 1gbps.  I have 3x EAP 245s and they all auto detect fine at the full speed, never known them not too..   If its detecting 10mpbs then its either the switch it connected too... or more than likely the cable used (cat 5e or cat6 recommended)

I would start your diagnosis there

Options
2022-04-03 20:13:23 - last edited 2022-04-03 20:16:12

@Philbert 

Hey, already fixed the issue regarding the 10Mbps FD, now it's gigabit, I'm still having packet loss issues. Because the Audio still cuts out, I want to stay away from ubiquiti and make this AP work as it is very capable. As for the QOS, can someone explain to me what the values do? or the terms? Perhaps I could tune it a little bit further.

Also In standalone AP mode, is there any mentioned of BSS Minrate? I'm running it in standalone mode without Omada Controller as I don't really need it that much. In the manual of my server (Listen Everywhere) they suggested to put the BSS Minrate to 12Mbps so that when a client drops below that, they will get disconnected. 

Thanks

Options
2022-04-04 06:50:56 - last edited 2022-04-04 06:54:30

@iAsk For the QOS, you can refer to the User Guide

BSS Minrate, nope. Don't see this in the UG. I think that is Rate Limit? You can check out the rate limit on the AP. It's on pages 70 and 71.

For the packet loss, I googled your Listen Everywhere. I see that's WiFi streaming. Make sure you check the connection from the router. You can connect to the EAP and run ping test and learn the stability of it. If you don't experience much packet loss when you do ping, you should pay attention to the router. I think. 

I recently set up my SMB via WiFi. When I did some file transfer, my network just shut down. I'll prefer a wired connection for my SMB server when WiFi can take all the bandwidth as well as push the CPU of my router to the maximum. 

Also, for the WiFi streaming, I don't know, maybe you can optimize your channel and channel width. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2511/

Options
2022-04-07 18:38:27

@John1234 

Hello 

I don't have a router in the network, the listen everywhere device can act as a router/dhcp giving all the ip address to the clients that the AP accepts.

So basically the AP is directly attached to the listen everywhere device. 

I don't know but when you ping it, there where no packet loss appearing, but the audio is definetly delayed and sometimes cut.

I'm gonna try putting a cheap router in between, but not sure if that will work. 

Options
2022-04-08 05:00:06 - last edited 2022-04-08 05:03:56

@iAsk 

So, I use MacbookAir hat is turned on all the time to do Wireless music streaming. It's playing spotify. I can feel there is a lag when I play "next". But, I have never met a cutting-out issue like this. 

I am not using your home music solution. Is that a Bluetooth speaker? While I am using a Bluetooth speaker to play the music, it is stationary and sitting on my shelf. Could that be a problem with the speaker? 

To my knowledge, if you use wireless streaming and NAS and etc. that are heavily dependent on the "WIFI" to transmit data, at the same time, that you have a lot of devices like PC, cells and pads, and they're using the data all at the same time, you need to consider the capacity of your router. Is the router capable of handling all the data at once?

Imagine that router is a small computer that handles all of the network stuff for you. It got a CPU, RAM, and storage. But there is a performance throttle for it. Could that bottleneck your streaming? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 5