Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

332 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2 weeks ago

Hi @TCWGEngineers 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TCWGEngineers wrote

@Clive_A 

Any updates to this? I've got a ER8411 (I know it's not a ER605 per the title of this thread) that I'm trying to set a DNS record for however the option does not exist.

The reason for this is I'm trying to access a public URL that works externally however when used behind the router, the router thinks I'm trying to get to it when I'm actually trying to get to another device on the network using the public URL. I expect setting a DNS record for the public URL in the router will allow me to route to the internal device correctly. i shouldn't have to setup 2 bookmarks to access the same thing either internal or external.

Like the Jan reply. V5.15 is the ETA to have this feature. It is confirmed that we will add this. wink

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
Sunday

@mur77 

mur77 wrote

@Clive_A 

I put omada aside... temporarily. I bought ruckus points, mini pc opnsense. I like everything at the moment. I do not know if I will return to Omada again. These are not just capricious requests, we have a network of hotels. Ruckus is already installed in one of them. not new, all the equipment costs half the price from Omada. While in we are thinking

Options

Voters 223

+ 219 Voters