Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

353 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2023-12-27 19:30:14 - last edited 2023-12-27 19:39:12

@wwwiesel 

we do not use opensense in advanced mode. exactly the same functions as 7206. + local DNS. For the organization of internal domains and other DNS zones. Ultimately, it's just a lot faster. Of course, the load on the gateway increases significantly, especially when there are many hosts on the network. That is why serious vendors have an alternative option: download the image and deploy the firewall on their hardware. is there such an option in the plans?

Options
2023-12-27 22:20:19

@Clive_A  Thank you very much for replying.   I was getting a bad feeling after reading this whole thread.  I can understand how involved coding this carefully must be. Thank you and happy new year,

Jamie

Options
2024-01-02 12:56:41

@hammer86 Local DNS resolution has not worked for ages for ER605v1. I have seen, that this "feature" should be implemented in 2024. Where is the roadmap for that so that anyone can decide to keep or replace the hardware with another product from another company?

Thanks

Options
2024-01-03 16:13:07

@Clive_A 

When is v5.15 currently planned to be released?

Will ER7206 firmware be included in the implementation?

Options
2024-01-04 01:57:09

Hi @dominik0711

dominik0711 wrote

@hammer86 Local DNS resolution has not worked for ages for ER605v1. I have seen, that this "feature" should be implemented in 2024. Where is the roadmap for that so that anyone can decide to keep or replace the hardware with another product from another company?

Thanks

ER605 V1 won't have it. So no roadmap/plan for ER605 V1. So, you may consider replacing it with the newer version or upgrading to a different model.

Or you can seek alternative solutions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-04 02:01:33

Hi @Ataboy 

Ataboy wrote

@Clive_A 

When is v5.15 currently planned to be released?

Will ER7206 firmware be included in the implementation?

Don't ask ETA next time. Do you think I can guarantee you? I am not the dev. What if it is delayed? I am gonna be blamed by you guys. So, know the controller version and wait patiently.

If it does not go wrong, such low-resources-eater features will be implemented in all models. DPI and other intrusion detection will not be available on the entry-level model.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-04 05:29:24

@Clive_A I am guessing you are a TP-Link Employee judging by the icon above your name.

I would hope that you are not a representation of TP-Link's attitude towards all is clients, having said that, I am not totally surprised by your ignorant attitude towards your customers and users of TP-Link products on this page.

We have been waiting patiently for someone from TP-Link to comer back with a workable solution, only to have you - @Clive_A tell us that the product will most likely not have the feature and if we are not happy with that "Or you can seek alternative solutions." 

I for one will not be purchasing any TP-Link products for my clients and will replace any aging or faulty products with alternative brands, we cannot rely on TP-Link support and when we have an issue - it takes years to resolve.

Options
2024-01-04 05:47:40

@Seamless 

? I don't know why you using the word "ignorant".

It's been planned, and did you read the reply above?

Clive_A wrote

To anyone who's looking at this,

The following information is not gonna be final. I am only providing you with an estimated timeline for the product. We and our dev team may alter the roadmap or timeline based on the priority of future projects.

This feature may come on Omada Controller V5.15 in 2024. Following firmware will adapt/support the local DNS server in standalone and controller modes.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/542472?replyId=1297250

Options
2024-01-04 09:03:02

@Clive_A ER605 V1 won't have this? Is this a joke? We've been discussing this feature for over a year now and you now, and the whole point was for ER605 TO GET IT!

Are you a TP Link employee? This is fu&$#ng bull$#it! The only reason I was hagging on to my omada products was because this feature was accepted. I'm done!

Options
2024-01-04 09:20:31 - last edited 2024-01-04 09:23:10

Hi @tokenize

tokenize wrote

@Clive_A ER605 V1 won't have this? Is this a joke? We've been discussing this feature for over a year now and you now, and the whole point was for ER605 TO GET IT!

Are you a TP Link employee? This is fu&$#ng bull$#it! The only reason I was hagging on to my omada products was because this feature was accepted. I'm done!

EOL products would not get feature updates yet he security and bug fixes will continue. And ER605 V1 is also limited by the hardware resources.

TP-Link End of Life Products

V5.15 Omada Controller will add it and the following is the firmware update to adapt at that time. I only know the current models will get the update for that. V1's chance is rare.

Options

Voters 238

+ 234 Voters