Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

353 Reply
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-01-09 22:28:39

@Eikon Return it. There is no point, TP-Link is completely unaware and incompetent. The "technical support" does not even understand what is going on, there is really no hope.

Options
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605-Solution
2024-01-12 02:46:52 - last edited неделю назад

Hi everyone,

Fae wrote

Dear @hammer86 and other community members,

Thank you so much for your valuable and continued feedback!

This feature request about adding the local DNS server to Omada Router has already been submitted to the developer team for evaluation, it's planned to add the support in the future firmware updates*. I haven't be informed whether both ER605 v1 and v2 will add the support, will try and provide an update for you once I get more information.

*All of our releases are subject to advancement or postponementthe final release date shall prevail. The above information is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute an indication to make any purchase decisions.

V5.15(.X) will be the ETA version to have this feature. V5.15 is a series of versions. Major release should come with the V5.15 and its first few versions. We do not have the specific version(V5.15.X.Y) yet.

When this feature is available in the controller, it requires compatible firmware. In case of any delays, we appreciate your patience. Please note, ETA is an estimated timeline, not a specific release date.

The availability of this feature across models depends on their hardware specifications. Currently, a list of supported models is not available, and we cannot assure that all models will be compatible. Stay updated with firmware releases by checking our official website or opting for the beta version.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-01-12 07:48:12 - last edited 2024-01-12 07:51:02

@Clive_A You have promised much, yet you did not deliver. I can only recommend everyone to practically return/sell their stuff as I did and only buy when the feature is available. Until then buy something else, do NOT WAIT like I did for 1,5 years. You will wait another year. This is the only language TP-Link will understand, when sales decrease. They hired some professional business actors in this forum to keep you quiet. Also, please rate the product on Amazon.

They were quick to take my money, leaving me alone with their .., delaying projects. No word of sorry, no compensation, no held promises, no understanding. Absolutely nothing. I will never buy TP-Link again, absolute nightmare.

Options
2024-01-12 08:18:28

Hi @jd001

jd001 wrote

@Clive_A You have promised much, yet you did not deliver. I can only recommend everyone to practically return/sell their stuff as I did and only buy when the feature is available. Until then buy something else, do NOT WAIT like I did for 1,5 years. You will wait another year. This is the only language TP-Link will understand, when sales decrease. They hired some professional business actors in this forum to keep you quiet. Also, please rate the product on Amazon.

They were quick to take my money, leaving me alone with their .., delaying projects. No word of sorry, no compensation, no held promises, no understanding. Absolutely nothing. I will never buy TP-Link again, absolute nightmare.

You are free to speak whatever you want to say. Don't insult people with "actors". I am paid to answer your questions, give fixes/solutions, put the facts, share skills of troubleshooting and techniques, and help you judge what you should do with the facts and information. Please don't take me as your punch bag.

I did not "promise you much". I am confused.  And don't use that tone to threaten me if you have a problem with the company. You can rate based on what you think and fact and it is your freedom.

Like we said all the time, we never guaranteed this. It was on the roadmap but not on schedule. And recently, in an email conversation with the dev, I confirmed the ETA of it because it was brought up and it is my job to let you know what's going on.

It is your freedom to decide what to do with the product. You don't have to @ me to threaten me or spread your negative words.

BTW, I just replied to this and pinned it to remind people that this is considered because I have replied previously and new replies have made it disappear from being viewed by others. I am not replying to you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-12 08:24:20

@Clive_A Can you understand that it is absurd that a basic feature like this is missing from an enterprise grade solution? It's just mind boggling. It's the equivalent of a car that's missing the steering wheel. You'd assume all cars have steering wheels. It's the same here! You'd expect an enterprise grade networking solution would have a fu$#ing DNS server! Quit the bull#$it about being dependant on the hardware! Any 20$ router has this ffs.

Options
2024-01-12 09:03:49 - last edited 2024-01-12 09:07:45

@Clive_A With "You" I mean TP-Link as a company, not you personally. And since "you", which includes not only you but other representants of TP-Link here, were not actually helping the fact that you are missing an essential feature in your "business" solution that is available in virtually every consumer product, this is called "acting as if", it is not insult but merely a fact. I am stating it here because newcomers probably won't read like 30 pages of complaints that I have been dragged through to come to that conclusion. You sir are very late to the show, please see the comments since 1,5 years in this thread for reference. And yes, I think a company like TP-Link has to serve as a punchbag when not delivering essential features. It's called taking responsibility for the actions. You, as TP-Link, have caused substantial financial damage (project delays, double work), and you deserve to hear that out and do something about it. Simple pulling of an ETA is not going to cut it by any means.

Edit: I mean, for me it is ok, I lost about 2-300 EUR worth in material + my time (like 2 days) because I purchased a system that I couldn't use and had to redo the whole stuff. But others around here had like 16 projects in the making. It is a catastrophe.

Options
2024-01-12 09:07:06

Hi @tokenize 

tokenize wrote

@Clive_A Can you understand that it is absurd that a basic feature like this is missing from an enterprise grade solution? It's just mind boggling. It's the equivalent of a car that's missing the steering wheel. You'd assume all cars have steering wheels. It's the same here! You'd expect an enterprise grade networking solution would have a fu$#ing DNS server! Quit the bull#$it about being dependant on the hardware! Any 20$ router has this ffs.

Mind your language. This is the first time warning. Second time ban.

(I have no objection to your opinion or contents but language.)

The timeline has been out. I understand it but it was submitted some time ago and is now being put on the schedule. About the V1 replies on the hardware, it is the truth.

Options
2024-01-12 09:11:12

@Clive_A A lot of emotion in here, but how don't you understand a business solution has business customers with respective needs? I agree on his language, but your behaviour is the cause.

Options
2024-01-12 09:14:33

Hi @jd001 

jd001 wrote

@Clive_A With "You" I mean TP-Link as a company, not you personally. And since "you", which includes not only you but other representants of TP-Link here, were not actually helping the fact that you are missing an essential feature in your "business" solution that is available in virtually every consumer product, this is called "acting as if", it is not insult but merely a fact. I am stating it here because newcomers probably won't read like 30 pages of complaints that I have been dragged through to come to that conclusion. You sir are very late to the show, please see the comments since 1,5 years in this thread for reference. And yes, I think a company like TP-Link has to serve as a punchbag when not delivering essential features. It's called taking responsibility for the actions. You, as TP-Link, have caused substantial financial damage (project delays, double work), and you deserve to hear that out and do something about it. Simple pulling of an ETA is not going to cut it by any means.

Edit: I mean, for me it is ok, I lost about 2-300 EUR worth in material + my time (like 2 days) because I purchased a system that I couldn't use and had to redo the whole stuff. But others around here had like 16 projects in the making. It is a catastrophe.

If you can specify the subject, that would be great. So it is not personal.

I am NOT encouraging you to rate it as 0 out of 10. But the rate would be helpful for the dev to take serious consideration about it.

Anyway, it now has an ETA. The controller now has come to V5.13. Not far away.

So the dev, they have their own judgment about whether a request is a high or low priority. I know this has been asked a lot but I personally tried to push it but it did not work well until recently. If you think this does not fit your future project, please don't pick it up for your customers to avoid any complaints to you and then lead to the product eventually.

Options
2024-01-12 09:20:03 - last edited 2024-01-12 09:20:52

Clive_A wrote

About the V1 replies on the hardware, it is the truth.

No, it's not. I know the hardware it's more than enough to accomodate a DNS server. Don't try to take us for fools. This is why people get so upset.

What's the problem with the language? Can't handle a few angry words? Grow up.

Options

Voters 236

+ 232 Voters