Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

315 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-01-12 09:21:42

Hi @jd001

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

jd001 wrote

@Clive_A A lot of emotion in here, but how don't you understand a business solution has business customers with respective needs? I agree on his language, but your behaviour is the cause.

1. If you have a project of 100 devices, you are not within my reign. In this case, you usually contact the sales team or local company and sign up a contract.

I or my teammate do not take care of customized requirements/requests. This is how the system works.

2. The Omada originally targeted advanced home users or entry-level small and middle size businesses. Now Omada has Omada Pro for ISPs, SI and professional users.

I personally don't think V1 is a good one and maybe it should be kicked out of the Omada because it is premature when you compare it with other products at this time. (Personal opinion.)

3. My attitude here is to share information and respond to every query if possible. Do my best to help and explain the facts and share the information. So, it is not formal. If the situation is to be formal, I can. Imagine if I repeat the same words to everyone in this thread like a bot? Would that be better?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-12 09:22:26

@Clive_A I don't quite understand, what rating does a car get that doesn't drive? Even worse, you order it for the customer, deliver it, and it doesn't drive. And even worse, you ask the car manufacturer what it is that makes the car not drive. And you're told it is not expected to. There is a workaround, you can put a horse in front, which obviously not a good solution. And the you rage in the manufacturers forum and are told it is the engineers decision to prioritize whether a car should drive or not.

Options
2024-01-12 09:24:29

Hi @tokenize 

tokenize wrote

Clive_A wrote

About the V1 replies on the hardware, it is the truth.

No, it's not. I know the hardware it's more than enough to accomodate a DNS server. Don't try to take us for fools. This is why people get so upset.

What's the problem with the language? Can't handle a few angry words? Grow up.

Don't try. Done by the book. Violation of the guidelines or rules is not tolerated. You might take a second to review the guidelines in the category - Announcement?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-12 09:28:37

Hi @jd001 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

jd001 wrote

@Clive_A I don't quite understand, what rating does a car get that doesn't drive? Even worse, you order it for the customer, deliver it, and it doesn't drive. And even worse, you ask the car manufacturer what it is that makes the car not drive. And you're told it is not expected to. There is a workaround, you can put a horse in front, which obviously not a good solution. And the you rage in the manufacturers forum and are told it is the engineers decision to prioritize whether a car should drive or not.

I am not gonna respond to this. Giving me an example is not helping here. I have explained in the previous reply.

If you have an opinion to that, respond with your opinion and I'll explain if it is necessary.

Options
2024-01-12 09:31:26 - last edited 2024-01-12 09:32:29

@Clive_A It is NOT an opinion, my friend! It is a fact! It is the situation you are ignoring, which makes it so ridiculous! And the longer you wait, the more ridiculous it gets.

The car does not drive, ie. without the local DNS you will never, by any means, be able to implement basic things. It will not drive. You are forced to sell the car at loss, bring it back or whatever, just because the manufacturer does not understand how a car drives. Hundreds of people that you that, and you won't understand.

Options
2024-01-12 09:34:51

@Clive_A And since you are the first guy/gal since 1,5 that is actually RESPONDING, there is a last hope you will finally get it. That's the only reason I am still writing.

Options
2024-01-12 09:36:48

@jd001 Don't waste your energy on this. These guys are arrogant and incompetent. The argument that V1 hardware does not support this just shows that there is no hope.

I will put all my Omada stuff up for sale and switch over to Unify. It saddens me because Omada seemed a really prominent solution, and, in a way, it is, but the precedent opened by this attitude is just not acceptable to me. Basic requirements are non negotiable. I just wish I had checked before I bought it.

Options
2024-01-12 09:39:52

And I just want to point out that my real problem with this is not the timeline but the fact you keep insisting V1 hardware does not support this. I can accept that the feature is not yet ready and there are other priorities. But saying the hardware is not compatible is just like telling your customers to go ... play ... with themselves. Is that acceptable language for you?

Options
2024-01-12 09:47:50

the analogy with a car driven by a horse perfectly explains the whole situation. I have already bought a mini PC on which you can deploy a lot of different software firewalls. I bought ruckus points, now is the time to buy r710 or r720. which cost half the price of the EAP670. And I compared them, it's like a giant and a baby, not in favor of Omada. if desired, you can buy both a ZD1200 and a POE switch, all this is cheaper than analogues from Omada. and three times more functional and productive

Options
2024-01-12 10:26:18

While I am reading through a lot of frustrated replies I nearly missed a message from Ubiquity that they release a new version of Unifi OS!

Do yourself a favor and do what I did and switch from TP-Link to Unifi. Mainly because of this issue I started looking somewhere else in the first place and ended up replacing all my TP-Link gear with Unifi. The result: Everything just works without the hick-ups and they release regular software updates implementing features that customers ask for.

The best thing: They do have a local DNS server implementation! (Not the best one but it get's the job done). 

P.S. I actually should be out of here but this particular threat is just to good to miss. I am quiet excited to see how long this drags on and who'll come out on top in this battle between the vendor and their customers. 

Options

Voters 205

+ 201 Voters