Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

353 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-06-12 02:38:36

Hi @TCWGEngineers 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TCWGEngineers wrote

@Clive_A 

Any updates to this? I've got a ER8411 (I know it's not a ER605 per the title of this thread) that I'm trying to set a DNS record for however the option does not exist.

The reason for this is I'm trying to access a public URL that works externally however when used behind the router, the router thinks I'm trying to get to it when I'm actually trying to get to another device on the network using the public URL. I expect setting a DNS record for the public URL in the router will allow me to route to the internal device correctly. i shouldn't have to setup 2 bookmarks to access the same thing either internal or external.

Like the Jan reply. V5.15 is the ETA to have this feature. It is confirmed that we will add this. wink

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-06-23 03:53:49

@mur77 

mur77 wrote

@Clive_A 

I put omada aside... temporarily. I bought ruckus points, mini pc opnsense. I like everything at the moment. I do not know if I will return to Omada again. These are not just capricious requests, we have a network of hotels. Ruckus is already installed in one of them. not new, all the equipment costs half the price from Omada. While in we are thinking

Options
2024-06-26 18:24:37

Hi @Fae!

Do you have an update on this feature?   

Options
2024-06-27 01:30:16

Hi @tslockbower

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

tslockbower wrote

Hi @Fae!

Do you have an update on this feature?   

Please read the recommended solutions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-07-29 22:48:06
It is nice to be done
Options
2024-07-30 07:11:34

@Clive_A 

thanks for keeping us updated. I know it's been a while, but after configuring pihole in a multi-VLAN environment I can see this isn't trivial to implement. Pihole works with VLANs but the configuration web page doesn't allow for them so they have to be set up from the command line. Similarly my previous router set up VLANs for guest and IOT networks but didn't allow for static ip to be set in them. 

I really hope the Omada solution allows for these more complex configurations through the web UI. 

Options
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-08-07 08:20:59 - last edited 2024-08-07 08:27:07

+1

Options
2024-08-07 11:12:37

Being tp-link doesn't care about it customer and Unifi now has good gigabyte home options, why would you wast your mony on tp-link?

Options
2024-08-07 17:23:08

@Clive_A  and All,

Checking in here.   Are things still on track per prior comment: "V5.15 is the ETA to have this feature. It is confirmed that we will add this" ?

Looking at the current firmware for OC200 notes we are currently on  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/oc200/v1/#Firmware

Published Date: 2024-06-28

OC200(UN)_V1_1.31.3 Build 20240620 

Built-in Omada SDN Controller v5.14.26.23

Does this mean that the next version due out will have option to add the local DNS names we have been waiting for ? 

thank you again 

Options
2024-08-07 17:54:25 - last edited 2024-08-07 17:55:10

@Clive_A While I appreciate you taking the time to respond to such posts (#346,) pointing those who query status to the two very dated (one over a year old, the other 8 months... and neither actually offer a TP-Link resolution) "recommended solutions" isn't viable. Plus the only perceived "solution" suggested is to wait an indeterminate amount of time (after having already waited for over a year;) or if you can't wait, buy another brand's product.

Arguably, neither are actual solutions and calling them such is a misnomer. I mean, unless telling one's customers to take their business elsewhere actually seems like a solution... I suppose it is for the competition.

Oy vey...

Options

Voters 236

+ 232 Voters