Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

Votes

Add local DNS server to ER605

353 Reply
Re:Add local DNS server to ER605
2024-08-07 22:08:48 - last edited 2024-08-07 22:20:27

@Fisher60 

Yes , same temporal  solution, install  a Pihole or Pfsense , regarding pihole   is easy way  when we have a network  segment, when are included  Vlan`s   Pihole is not an appropriate  solution,

any sugestion to configure pihole with vlan segmentation?

Options
2024-08-08 00:57:19

Almost 2,5 years passed, I am still following this, laughing to myself everytime I get an email notification. Sold all TP-Link stuff a long time ago and will never buy again, being scammed so hard. If it is so unimaginable hard to do basic development, I don't want to know how things look on the inside quality wise. Burned my fingers on TP-Link and learned a lesson!

Options
2024-08-08 04:54:42

@jd001 For me it's only been 1 year :)) I'm thinking to switch to a real opnsense router and forget about the existence of TP-Link.

Options
2024-08-09 01:29:12

Hi @cgh001 

cgh001 wrote

@Clive_A While I appreciate you taking the time to respond to such posts (#346,) pointing those who query status to the two very dated (one over a year old, the other 8 months... and neither actually offer a TP-Link resolution) "recommended solutions" isn't viable. Plus the only perceived "solution" suggested is to wait an indeterminate amount of time (after having already waited for over a year;) or if you can't wait, buy another brand's product.

Arguably, neither are actual solutions and calling them such is a misnomer. I mean, unless telling one's customers to take their business elsewhere actually seems like a solution... I suppose it is for the competition.

Oy vey...

First, put some facts and work baselines here.

We never give a specific timeline for a future version as it may be delayed or advanced. Not to mention this is uncertain as V5.15 is still minor versions away.

This year, we began to use the V5.X.Y.Z to name our controller. V5.X will be a major release. V5.X.Y.Z will be minor releases with bug fixes and improvements.

We can give a specific timeline if firmware is about to be released as it is under the procedure.

We are allowed to not reply to such a thread as we have informed you about the ETA version. Be at least kind to me, not grateful, that I kept updating this thread and discussing with each one of you since I joined the forum team and I have always kept asking about a specific schedule from the dev.

We are allowed to not reply with many details behind the scenes or even not reply if the thread is not suitable/proper to be replied to.

We use the recommended solution to pin the rely and let you know about the updates. If you have any better suggestions, please bring them up. Instead of pointing fingers.

Second, I don't wanna argue so I don't have to take my best time to reply and explain it anymore. So don't be sarcastic on me. I did not have a pleasant time explaining things to some of you. Especially some of you don't wanna understand my stand.

As for the facts and work baselines there, I don't have a specific time to let you know. Even if I have one, I can only give you a blurry time range to avoid responsibility and liability for a comment I have made.

It is scheduled. But no specific time can be given to promise.  I have and will always add a disclaimer to the requests on the forum now because of you. Don't you see why?

Some of you would only make things worse and less responsive.

Third, about this topic, back in 2022 and 2023, this was not considered(AFAIK). I don't wanna explain how this thread goes over the years. There is no point in me to explain what happened in the last several years to each one and some of you who don't want to understand us.

Another fact, it is not what you think that you brought up, you would definitely or immediately get it. You brought it up, we would collect counts and user scenarios, and we feedback on this. Dev looks into this and evaluates it. The PM also needs to take a look at what's been asked.

Fourth, about the product and its development which you might not find interesting to read.

The Omada brand was merely a try in the business product and grew to this big and became mature. And I have been with the business product team since it was established.

It grew fast last year with many missing features added. And this year, it became more mature in its development. The naming and other aspects are becoming formal and the pattern of the product line is clearer.

Fifth, about how things are developed.

Some features are missing due to the market research and feedback. We may not think a feature is a higher priority task than others. We are not only targeting the home users and we have contract users who have not required this in the past years. So, the main functions you see now are coming from the contract users' requests mainly.

I am not a pessimistic person and I don't wanna see such a negative comment anywhere on the forum as I have explained things clearly. It is on the schedule, just wait for the major releases and adapted firmware. Why still so confused and trapped in this matter?

We are not in the same perspective I agree with this, most of you don't think about anything else but the feature you want to have. Immediately. But why not think about the SOP of a company? The world is not working in the "I want this and I can get it immediately" way. Anyone who works in the dev should know that there are tons of requests every day but there is a priority order. And not everyone is gonna be happy. Right?

The next major release is not gonna be as simple as adding a feature and it will be good. There will be a test phase and adapting codes to fit all the models we have.

Some long-required features on the forum will also be implemented. I don't know why it becomes so imminent to you when an ETA version has been informed.

Lastly, in response to your comment, as FAE wrote earlier, if you have lost faith in us and cannot wait any longer, we are sorry to learn that you are seeking a different solution. Good luck.

I will avoid replying to this thread and explaining things. It took me a portion of my best time in a day to reply a non-crucial things. Just a rewind of the things I have explained before. I only did this because you have an opinion.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-09 04:16:11

@Clive_A you clearly need to start talking with your own marketing department so they stop marketing Omada to SOHO/SMB customers because you won't find dedicated DNS server in these environment. This should help to ease the burden a bit on your Omada business unit. Good luck!

Options
2024-08-17 04:40:57

Hi, is there a date when it'll be added to Omada? That's a cool feature present on Ubiquiti and OpenWrt. So I can just type .local on to access devices IP on OpenWrt or .home to access devices on Ubiquiti.

Options
RE:Add local DNS server to ER605
3 weeks ago
Extraordinary that this feature is missing.
Options
3 weeks ago

@hammer86 as he saids, it's planned, just wait they release the FW. I'm fed it up with this too, but it will be available soon.

Some people wait from 2 years... We've never been so close.

Patience is a virtue, especially with TP-Link wink

Options
a week ago
Need. Now. Why is this not in here. It's stupid that I would need to provide something like PiHole to provide something that is in even the most rudimentary routers. Requires ability to enable/disable.
Options
a week ago

@s4zando look previous posts, it will be released within next release but for now, no ETA.

Options

Voters 236

+ 232 Voters