Captive portal voucher usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-05 08:42:10
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20170706

Hello

there's a way for the Omada captive portal users to check the voucher usage?

My users would check the remaining traffic avaiable on voucher

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Captive portal voucher usage
2022-04-05 18:59:17

@vicu 

The vouchers do not control the volume of traffic, rather they allow access for a period of time..  say 24 hours

In that 24 hours the user of the voucher could download   100Gb  if you allow, after 24 hours it will simply redirect them to the voucher page again for a new code.

If you wish to control the traffic they can use, bandwidth controls on the Portal VLAN is a good option.   Set it for say 4mbps per user and this will stop / slow massive downloads hogging your line

Options
2022-04-05 19:09:07

@Philbert when i create the voucher rolls I can set a predefined amount of data to use by captive portal users, i would know if there's a way to check the data usage so they can see how much data have used of the total traffic allowed.

I don't want to limit the bandwidth usage 

Options
2022-04-05 19:18:05

@vicu 

Hey

Ah ok so you are setting it on the voucher itself, got you now! 

To the best of my knowledge I am not aware of a way the user can find the remaining balance

Options
2022-04-06 05:22:11 - last edited 2022-04-06 05:26:45

@vicu

It is located in the Voucher Manager. Path: Settings > Authentication > Portal > Edit Current Portal > Voucher Manager and you will see the following picture.

This is only available to the Admin. It is not open to the users. If the users do want to know the remain traffic, he/she needs some software to count the accumulated traffic since the authentication.

Options
2022-04-06 09:22:23
Hi Hank i know that an admin or a voucher operator can see the traffic or the time used by every voucher, but my question is if a captive user can see the same for the voucher is using. Hope in a next software release this will be possible
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 579

Replies: 5