Port-forwarding on ER7206

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 00:29:20
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20220117

I want to connect my smaller router to my smb ER7206 with out putting it in access point mode hopefully I can give the router more than a 100 mbps and give the router 500 mbps of exposure,Now reader this is when I consult your expertise to accomplish this with out leaving the router with a 100 mbps because of [watchamacallit] mode How can you por-forward, or pass through to deliver x amount of bandwidth to an egress, tunnel, or any other method with out sacreficing routers features [ I want zero loss of routers features like zero emisions while connected to wired network]on the smb router.  You are brilliant please be detailed in your reply and answers and dont skip over the denoted features.

Sincerely,

Raindancer

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port-forwarding on ER7206
2022-04-13 06:16:24

Hi  @RAINDANCER 

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Port Forwarding has nothing to do with bandwidth control, so I will just ignore the bandwidth thing you mentioned. 

If you want to do port forwarding for the deivces connected to your smaller router, you will need to config virtual server twice.

One is on your smaller router;

Another one is on the tplink router, here the internal IP should be your smaller router WAN IP address. The service port numbers are the same as what you've done on the smaller router. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1885

Replies: 1

Related Articles