Are we still waiting on mDNS functionality with TP Link?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-15 00:04:24
Model: EAP620 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I see a new releaes came out start of this year but I didnt see any mention of mDNS. Is this ever going to happen so I can setup IoT correctly with my TP Link hardware?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Are we still waiting on mDNS functionality with TP Link?
2022-04-15 07:15:38

Hi  @Chad711 

For me I have to say, that it looks like Covid hits TP Link development of software. Sadly a slow development. Hope, they will introduce mDNS 2022 - but maybe it could also be 2023....

Let's hope, it will be in near future.

Options
2022-04-18 06:03:57

Dear @Chad711

Chad711 wrote

I see a new releaes came out start of this year but I didnt see any mention of mDNS. Is this ever going to happen so I can setup IoT correctly with my TP Link hardware?

If you are asking about the mDNS repeater feature (to support communication across VLANs or subnets), then there is a plan to add the support on the Omada gateway this year. Related post can be found here.

BTW, mDNS repeater is a layer3 feature which should be achieved on the Omada Gateway instead of on the EAP (AP is a layer2 device only).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-19 06:15:25 - last edited 2022-04-19 06:16:25

@Fae great thanks for the info. I do have the hardware. Guess I should have listed the gateway not the eap. I'll be happy when this is finally out. My TP link hardware hasn't been used due to this feature missing. 

Options
2022-09-16 02:59:23

@Fae Any updates on this?

Options
2022-09-16 03:54:47

Dear @Chad711,

Chad711 wrote

@Fae Any updates on this?

I've updated it in this request post, welcome to subscribe.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1654

Replies: 5