EAP Force-Disassociation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP Force-Disassociation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP Force-Disassociation
EAP Force-Disassociation
2022-04-16 21:01:41
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Anyone or @Fae @Hank21 

I wonder where to define threshold on EAP Force-Disassociation option.

The help text says this.

Force-Disassociation: When disabled, the AP only issues an 802.11v roaming suggestion when a client’s link quality drops below the previously defined threshold and there is a better option of AP, but whether to roam or not is determined by the client. When enabled, the AP will disassociate the client by force if it does not re-associate to another AP.

I can not find anywhere to set this threshold.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP Force-Disassociation
2022-04-18 07:06:27 - last edited 2022-04-18 07:43:46

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

I wonder where to define threshold on EAP Force-Disassociation option.

The help text says this.

Force-Disassociation: When disabled, the AP only issues an 802.11v roaming suggestion when a client’s link quality drops below the previously defined threshold and there is a better option of AP, but whether to roam or not is determined by the client. When enabled, the AP will disassociate the client by force if it does not re-associate to another AP.

I can not find anywhere to set this threshold.

I'm afraid that there is nowhere to configure threshold on EAP Force-Disassociation option.

With only Fast Roaming enabled (Force-Disassociation disabled), the defined threshold is around -70dBm (2.4GHz) and -74dBm (5GHz).

Edit: I'd like to add that -70dBm/-74dBm above indicate the RSSI detected by the EAP, the RSSI detected by the wireless client could be better since AP has larger transmit power.

If you turn on both Fast Roaming and AI-Roaming, EAP will periodically synchronize its own network load to the controller, and the controller will periodically deliver the corresponding topology and network load data to the EAPs that are neighbors. EAP can dynamically learn the roaming threshold for the associated client according to the current topology and network environment, and the client can get a better roaming experience in the current network environment.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP Force-Disassociation
2022-10-09 10:49:11 - last edited 2022-10-09 10:50:05

@Fae I would like to expand the question on the disassociation feature. Lets say for example I have an AP in the Mesh that is accumulating to many clients. 3 of these clients have signals of -78, -80 and -85.  I set my threshold to -75 so the -78 and -80 connect to a different AP successfully and actually a stronger signal. Not sure why the system did not connect them to the stronger AP to begin with when there was room, but that is a different question.  The -85 however gets disconnected and reconnects because due to their location and other AP RSSI Thresholds, the AP in question is their only option. This happens continually and throughout the day and they lose service.  If I disable the Force-Disassociation option, will it keep them connected to the AP continually, which is what I want, even though they are above the threshold?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2303

Replies: 2

Related Articles