access internet via offsite proxy or VPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

access internet via offsite proxy or VPN server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:access internet via offsite proxy or VPN server
2022-05-04 18:04:09

@Sel_I 

I too tried to move my default LAN off 192.168.0.0/24, but it caused me nothing but headaches, so I gave up fighting it and just let it happen. I don't think that's your issue though.

First we need to get your tunnel established, then worry about the rest (I had assumed this was functional).  I have two suggestions, the first is to reduce the MTU on your router WAN interface to 1460 from 1500 and the second is to temporarily disable encryption on the L2TP tunnel (you may have to change settings at the server end as well to do this).

Try these and if you get your tunnel established, the rest should 'just work'.  Viel Glück.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:access internet via offsite proxy or VPN server
2022-10-30 21:07:57

The only way to configure the LAN ports of the router is by using the web-based interface. You can access the web-based interface by going to the router's IP address in a web browser.

Options
Related Articles