OC200 - Easy way to disable WLAN and versioning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-23 11:55:38
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1_1.14.3_20220112

Two questions:

1. Is there an easy way to disable the entire WLAN? The only way I see to do this is to disable the WLAN on each EAP or disable both the 2.4 and 5GHz radios on each and every EAP. Isn't there a simple way to take the WLAN down with a single setting?
  2. I recieved a v1 hardware version OC200. I purchased new so I expected the latest  v2.6. Is there honestly any functional difference (i.e., reliability, performance, fixed bugs)?
Options
4 Reply
Re:OC200 - Easy way to disable WLAN and versioning.
2022-04-23 13:41:14 - last edited 2022-04-23 13:42:34

@jeffshead 

Hey

There is not a quick way to disable WLAN via a toggle switch, you will either have to:

1. Delete the SSID

2. Create an EAP ACL that will DENY all on the SSID you require.  People will still connect however, no traffic.

3. Create a Time Schedule or Port POE Schedule and use it do disabled the SSID / AP as needed.  Just set it 24/7 schedule

In terms of the OC200 version, v2 is the latest and only just announced.  Believe its not available until May.   In terms of difference for functionality, there isn't any.   V2 has a front USB port for a 4g dongle if needed, and more onboard memory, otherwise exactly the same.

Just to clarify, v2 and v2.6 are the same device... strange I know..   The .6 indicates a different factory, its hard to follow

v1  First release, made in factory A

v2  Second release, made in factory A

v2.6  Second release, made in factory B

This is the same for all TP Link hardware recently, the .6 doesnt indicate a new version of hardware, rather a different production location (no idea why).   There is an article here somewhere to describe that better but hopefully that makes sense

Options
2022-04-23 14:03:25

@Philbert 

Thanks for the fast response and concise info.

Bummer about no easy way to enable/disable the WLAN. That would be a very useful feature. I found a way to do it with the controller but it takes several steps and you have to do it for each device:

Devices->Select a device->Config->WLANs->Enable/disable

Is there a way to script this? I thought the controller was supposed to make life easier ;-) It's easier to enable/disable the WLAN on each EAP in standalone mode.

Options
2022-04-24 06:10:18 - last edited 2022-04-24 06:17:05

@jeffshead

hmmm and what does this setting then do ?

edit Wireless network > Wlan schedule ?

I made a schedule to enable the radio / disable the radio for my guest Wifi in the time frame when we are unlikely to have guests. 

if its a manual toggle you needed ,maybe make 2 schedules 1 up and 1 down and just toggle between the radio on, / off ???

Options
2022-04-24 12:18:33

@mehmeh 

Thanks for the suggestion. It seems to work if I create a single schedule from 12am-12am and toggle Radio on and off.

I just wish there was an on/off toggle on the admin landing page or URL to login directly to that settings page or a way to create a batch file to do it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 4