Fixed ip address VLAN on omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-23 17:54:45 - last edited 2022-08-14 08:48:46
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

f7114eb07146441fbc29493e0c233505

as i tryed to give my final WLED device a fixed IP it did not accept the new address wich is stranges while the other devices done before the latest update where able to get a address from that same range.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Fixed ip address VLAN on omada-Solution
2022-04-24 02:13:36 - last edited 2022-05-06 07:57:29

Dear @Dannyz.,

Dannyz. wrote

as i tryed to give my final WLED device a fixed IP it did not accept the new address wich is stranges while the other devices done before the latest update where able to get a address from that same range.

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the detailed information, we appreciate it.

We noticed this issue in this post and @clangren has found a workaround, for your reference, you may "change the Network/VLAN in the config drop-down, followed by changing the Network back to the correct Network/VLAN, and then finally the application accepted a Fixed IP Address in the proper Network/VLAN without error."

The issue has been reported to the R&D team for further checking.

Edited on May 6, 2022: The issue has been located and planned to fix in Controller v5.4. As a temporary solution, you may follow the workaround above to configure the fixed IP for the other VLAN network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Fixed ip address VLAN on omada-Solution
2022-04-24 02:13:36 - last edited 2022-05-06 07:57:29

Dear @Dannyz.,

Dannyz. wrote

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the detailed information, we appreciate it.

We noticed this issue in this post and @clangren has found a workaround, for your reference, you may "change the Network/VLAN in the config drop-down, followed by changing the Network back to the correct Network/VLAN, and then finally the application accepted a Fixed IP Address in the proper Network/VLAN without error."

The issue has been reported to the R&D team for further checking.

Edited on May 6, 2022: The issue has been located and planned to fix in Controller v5.4. As a temporary solution, you may follow the workaround above to configure the fixed IP for the other VLAN network.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Fixed ip address VLAN on omada
2022-04-29 04:33:35

@Dannyz. I'm having the same issue. Main network pool is 10.0.0.0/24, first vlan is 10.0.1.0/24, and second vlan is 10.0.2.0/24. I have ACL rules setup blocking both vLANs from communicating with each other. However, I want to make an exception rule for the first vlan to be able to communicate with only a couple of devices on the second vlan and I want those couple of devices on static IPs. Problem is, Omada has the exact big you outline where it won't allow you to assign static IPs for clients in vLANs.

Options
2022-04-29 07:47:31

@JoePalmer 

Try to retyp the ip address completely, it looks like the pre-typed address has a space in it or something else.

when i typed the address myself instead of using the pre-typed address it worked.

hopefully this will work for you aswell.

Options
2022-04-29 07:53:29

@Fae 

I think there is a bug in the preconfigured address when selecting a VLAN when i only change the last digits it will not accept the change (ip address) when i retype the whole address myself it will accept the new address.

Options
2022-04-29 12:01:30

@Dannyz. Unfortunately didn't work for me. Doesn't matter if it's preconfigured address or manually typed out. It only wants to accept addresses within the main LAN's pool. Not either of the vLANs'.

Options
2022-05-06 08:19:51

Dear @JoePalmer,

JoePalmer wrote

@Dannyz. Unfortunately didn't work for me. Doesn't matter if it's preconfigured address or manually typed out. It only wants to accept addresses within the main LAN's pool. Not either of the vLANs'.

Have you noticed or tried the workaround I mentioned in floor #2?

"change the Network/VLAN in the config drop-down, followed by changing the Network back to the correct Network/VLAN, and then finally the application accepted a Fixed IP Address in the proper Network/VLAN without error."

In short, change the Network to other network ⇾ change it back to the correct VLAN Network ⇾ configure the fixed IP address ⇾ Save

Options
2022-05-06 11:45:18

@Fae I got it working. Instead of of doing anything on the switch, I setup the vLAN forwarding in the devices, which it supports. So the vLAn traffic is set to tagged on the switch, tagged in the master unit, and untagged on the slave unit's Ethernet port. Worked like a charm and then I set static IPs in the master and slave units.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1706

Replies: 7

Related Articles