We're Looking For Your Feedback On TP-Link Community Here!

2022-04-27 07:11:32 - last edited 2023-08-23 02:24:34

Hi there,

This thread is created to hear from you about your feedback or new ideas for the TP-Link Community itself.

We want you to enjoy with our community, so we're curious to know what things you feel our community should add /change /improve? Specific content or topic you'd like to see? New forums boards we should start? Adjustment to the user interface?

If you see anything that could be changed for the better, or if you would like to see more of a certain type of content or topic, Let Us Know With a Reply (or send me a Private Message if you prefer).

We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.

*Note: This is to gather community feedback and content ideas only. 

If you are having a product concern, please find an appropriate thread or line of communication.

-----------------------------------------------------------

About Me:

I'm one member of TP-Link Business Community Moderators. My goal is to encourage community growth and improve its accessibility, making our community forum a more engaging and active place for our valued customers to engage not only with TP-Link officials but also with each other.

Hope that we can all work together to make this a friendly and constructive community!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:We're Looking For Your Feedback On TP-Link Community Here!-Solution
2022-09-30 02:20:38 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

Hi all,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your message here.

Kind note that this thread is created to collect the feedback or new ideas for the TP-Link Community itself.

If you're seeking for help with some issues or queries about the TP-Link products, please feel free to start a new thread in the product forums from the top page menu. And you may check this Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue (or Asking a Question) In The Community.

If you're trying to submit requests/ suggestions on TP-Link Products feature, please don't hesitate to do that in the forum of "Requests & Suggestions" (Link), before you submit the requests or suggestions, you may read about How to Submit Requests & Suggestions Effectively.

As always, thank you for your great cooperation and understanding!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:We're Looking For Your Feedback On TP-Link Community Here!
2022-05-24 06:30:15 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

@Fae 

Hello,

for me two things would be important:

1. Getting rid of the spam would be great. Perhaps there are new ways to check, if comments are spam. For example rather context sensitive instead of single words, bot-check...

2. I wished there  would be more transparency to the questions of the community. For example, the question if there will be a local dns like dnsmasq is not answered since month.

Fae, perhaps sometimes you may not get the information you need from the relevant departments to answer the questions of the community (just a guess). So it would be important that not only the moderators take the community seriously, but also all departments of TP-Link.

Thanks for your work and greatings

Options
2022-05-25 04:51:03 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

Dear @nutzich,

Welcome and thank you so much for your valuable feedback on our community!

1. Getting rid of the spam would be great. Perhaps there are new ways to check, if comments are spam. For example rather context sensitive instead of single words, bot-check...

This has been reported to the website developer team for evaluation, you can't imagine how longing I am to get rid of spam as soon as possible. Really hope the developer team can figure out a better way to prevent it. Good news is that this is on their agenda now.

2. I wished there would be more transparency to the questions of the community. For example, the question if there will be a local dns like dnsmasq is not answered since month.

Transparency might be important but I think accuracy is equally important. To avoid misleading people, I may tend to leave it unanswered if it's uncertain. As for the support of local dns you mentioned, my answer may make you down, it's submitted as a feature request for evaluation, which is in backlog.

Our community maybe not mature enough, I'll try the best to work here, and hope we can all work together to make this a constructive and influential community!

Options
2022-06-09 19:06:07 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44
Nice
Options
2022-06-27 18:37:49 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

@Fae 

+1 for local DNS resloving.

Can´t be so hard to implement and not so far from MDNS what´s suspect in Q2 ´22.

For me it´s the only reason after changing from another big sdn vendor to AVM Fritz box and not fully running OMADA SDN (TL-R605 V2, OC200 V2 and 3x EAP245 V3).

Regards

1x TL-ER605 v2 @2.1.5 - 1x TL-SG3428X v1 @1.0.12 - 1x TL-SX3008F v1 @1.0.5 - 2x TL-EAP660HD v1 @1.2.9 for Vacation: 1x TL-WR902AC v4 @230506
Options
2022-09-12 14:39:55 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

@Fae 

I'm forgot my setting on this platform.. because I don't use my PC again.. 

And my microsoft control pannel first gen aplication avoiding me to do the right installation..

I'm sorry if to late to respond.

Hmpp I know this kind of name wifi from..

And I don't know it already change or no?!..

So anybody has right direction from us?

Options
2022-09-25 01:49:13 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

@Fae hi, good night  I love your product but they needs to be more topics dealing  with bug fixes my problem  is  my Oc 200 keep going offline  and I am not sure what  causes the problems.

Options
2022-09-29 10:25:11 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

@Fae Can you please add a DNS server on your ER605. It really makes no sense to have a DHCP server with static addressing but not implement a DNS. It's essential for small networks. There's plenty of lightwieght DNS servers which you could either use or reproduce.

Fae wrote

Hi there,

This thread is created to hear from you about your feedback or new ideas for the TP-Link Community itself.

We want you to enjoy with our community, so we're curious to know what things you feel our community should add /change /improve? Specific content or topic you'd like to see? New forums boards we should start? Adjustment to the user interface?

If you see anything that could be changed for the better, or if you would like to see more of a certain type of content or topic, Let Us Know With a Reply (or send me a Private Message if you prefer).

We're looking forward to hearing from you soon.

*Note: This is to gather community feedback and content ideas only. 

If you are having a product concern, please find an appropriate thread or line of communication.

-----------------------------------------------------------

About Me:

I'm one member of TP-Link Business Community Moderators. My goal is to encourage community growth and improve its accessibility, making our community forum a more engaging and active place for our valued customers to engage not only with TP-Link officials but also with each other.

Hope that we can all work together to make this a friendly and constructive community!

Options
Re:We're Looking For Your Feedback On TP-Link Community Here!-Solution
2022-09-30 02:20:38 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

Hi all,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your message here.

Kind note that this thread is created to collect the feedback or new ideas for the TP-Link Community itself.

If you're seeking for help with some issues or queries about the TP-Link products, please feel free to start a new thread in the product forums from the top page menu. And you may check this Tips For Efficiently Reporting an Issue (or Asking a Question) In The Community.

If you're trying to submit requests/ suggestions on TP-Link Products feature, please don't hesitate to do that in the forum of "Requests & Suggestions" (Link), before you submit the requests or suggestions, you may read about How to Submit Requests & Suggestions Effectively.

As always, thank you for your great cooperation and understanding!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-11-03 20:06:22 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44

Refund those who you duped into purchase of outdated hardware, stop reselling over companies which sell outdated hardware, stop spreading fake info like VPN router where none of routers support any VPN which is not obsolete, take your resellers to court who adverize non existing VPN capabilities and then as addition sell outdated hardware just to get stock place free, stop releasing unstable and development releases as final stable release, add 2fa to all tplinks sites, ensure mandatory password change for every user with any of your services, warn users their credentials and emails might be leaked and accessable by 3rd parties by which they should change their email passwords if they are same, stop rogue employee overstepping or simply being incompetent, your name and your image suffers, lately by incompetent actions one of home forum moderators silenced me after you claimed to welcome, this admin was fully incompetent and you did not share info which user name this admin has nor that you posted offtopic and marking your post in business.part to be silenced by some dotard who never talked to me is hilarious, especially a fact that home user can silence some company from business line, additionaly business admins have no clue what home admins fork in their name, publicly you turned to a liaer just because you are loyal to tplink and believe everybody else is as honest and good as you are, thats sadly for you not truth and one of yout colleagues made a lier of you. That last sentence puts quite a lot into question if somebody can trust people working for tplink which includes the fact a black sheep can be in any company and user data leaks daily in different companies because of disgruntled employees who think they are clever, here again tplink should investigate possible data loss and verify authenticity of the data being sold on i2p.

Options
2022-11-26 20:29:56 - last edited 2023-08-22 11:33:44
@Fae Transparency and accuracy are indeed important, as is balancing the two. What's even more important though is communication in general. Leaving higher volume questions unanswered for extended periods of time leaves customers feeling unsupported/unheard and looking for solutions outside of TP-Link's products/services. If there is no current answer to an important or popular query, simply stating so periodically will go a LONG way toward reducing concerns, and keeping customers on the journey with you. Leaving us in silence breeds lack of trust, feelings of being disenfranchised by the company in which we are vitally invested, and ultimately enticed to look elsewhere for solutions - translating to lost sales for TP-Link. Please consider these when determining whether to continue sitting on the sidelines in silence while customers struggle with issues, concerns, and missing functionality - like local DNS server issue (that one is HUGE and it is unbelievable it's even an issue, much less it maintains low priority on a backlog list. That's like saying "the likely easily fixed broken lock on the front door has been added to the backlog list of repairs and we'll probably look into it someday. In the years of meantime, enjoy your unprotected business/home/space and good luck with that.") It's OK and appreciated to say "We hear you and while we don't have an update at this time, please know we're aware of this and are working on a resolution." Just sayin'...
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2282

Replies: 14