Facebook portal still not fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-03 13:08:31
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.15.2

This was a problem back.

I got voucher authentication for paid customers and hoping back then (and still now) I can offer a free facebook login for 1 hr. So I created another authentication for it.

The problem starts when customers use either the voucher portal and the fb portal and didn't authenticate and just connect with the wifi with the option "use this network as is", they have online access to facebook and messenger. Back then you just need to disable or delete the fb portal but now even if you delete the portal customer still can access facebook and messenger.

I'm losing money as more and more customer just connect to the wifi and access facebook and messenger for 24/7 and only pay if they want to surf the internet other than fb and messenger. 

I got 4 mesh hotspots (3 EAP225-outdoor) and using is for more than 2 years now. I'll try to restore once i get back. But hope this can be fix.

Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Facebook portal still not fix
2022-05-03 13:18:26
I read the post last dec 2020 that disable and enable the portal will fix the problem but currently it did not fix the problem and still can access facebook and messenger.
Options
2022-05-03 17:26:28

I've tried to restore... but restoring it with settings only will restore also the vouchers, its been 9 days since I upgraded and tried the facebook login and I got authentication from 39-50 per day to 12-15 per day because they can use facebook and messenger (watch fb vides and use video call also) for free. I tried to delete also the facebook authentication in hotspot page, deleted my authentication portals but if you only have one that used vouchers/hotpot if you delete it, it wll also automatically delete all the vouchers (restore again). If not I need to recall my 300+ vouchers and create another batch and use the 9days old backup file which have no problen with facebook and messenger. 

Options
2022-05-04 07:17:00

@JessieG 

Some confusion, your problem is that your customer's device has permanent internet access after connecting once using the voucher code for this device?
What are your specific portal settings?
This problem, after you have upgraded the firmware version of the controller, did not solve the problem?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-05-04 08:12:43 - last edited 2022-05-04 08:16:03

@Virgo 

I apologize for the inconsistency of my post and replies.

The problem:

When using the portal/authentication of Facebook WIFI all other portals and authentications have access to Facebook and messenger even without authentication by clicking "use this network as is", or just connected to Hotspot portal without entering vouchers, user, etc. (this was an issue back then.)

The solution I used was just not use Facebook WIFI or delete and not just disable the Facebook WIFI portal because even if its disable the problem still persists (other portals have access to Facebook and messenger).

With the firmware upgrade of OC200, and the introduction of Facebook WIFI v2, I tried to create a separate portal for it to try it. and found out that it still has the problem of just connecting with the hotpot and ignoring the authentication and clicking the "use this network as is" you can still browse and access Facebook and messenger online but all others are blocked. So, I tried to disabled it for the time being but I've seen my clients authenticating dropped and more clients connecting without authenticating, in the dashboard its in blue and with the tag, PENDING. so I tried to troubleshoot and yes the Facebook and messenger is being access online for free, so i tried deleting the portal but it still persists, Read the post last dec 2020 about enabling and disabling the portal but with no success. The only success i got is by restoring it to 9 days after I created the Facebook portal. thats 9 days of vouchers used worth.

Sadly, I can't restore it and retain the vouchers that was created/used within the 9 days. So currently I restored it and recall 300+ vouchers and replaced it with new ones.

Hope it much clear? and a FYI to those who wants to use Facebook WIFI portals with other existing portals.

JessieG

Options
2022-05-09 05:45:52
I think it is designed to be like that.
Options
2022-05-13 14:11:01

@Somnus its not like that last time.

After I restored, it fixed it for a duration of time  but by observing it today, many clients have been connecting to the WIFI without authentication. So I;ve checked their downloads and uploads and its over 3mb. So I connect to the wifi and it still have access to Facebook and Messenger. I tried downgrading but, it deleted all my settings and started from clean setup of OC200. Help anyone? my last resort is to downgrade, re-adopt or reset the EAPs and re-issue new vouchers.

Hope you can help me resolve this or find some quick fixes, I wasn't like this before.

Regards, 

JessieG

Options
2022-05-18 05:14:08

@JessieG From what I know, if you want to use Facebook Portal, means the client need to open Facebook website to do the authencation. That's why the Controller have to allow clients communicate with Facebook server.

Options
2022-05-18 09:16:55

@Somnus thats true but the problem is that it give access to all portals not just the portal/authentication with facebook wifi. With the latest firmware upgrade of oc200 even if you don't use the facebook portal it give your clients access to facebook to all (i think) other portals/authentication (i use voucher or hotspot).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 826

Replies: 8