Lost connection on Apple devices only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-11 17:00:18
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 5.0.4 Build 20220216 Rel. 57495

Hello,

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time reading this and helping me out.

Our small office is covered by 03 units of EAP115 managed by one Omada Controller Version:4.2.4.

Problem: Apple devices disconnect randomly during the day multiple times requiring waiting a couple of seconds up to 2~3 minutes for reconnection.

Devices that loose connection at the same time, and by that I mean right to the second. When my Macbook looses connection I instanly pickup my iPhone to check and it has no connection too.

1. My mbp m1-pro;
  2. My iPhone 12;
  3. My colleague air m1;
  4. My colleague iPhone 12.

A couple of things to consider:

• This is not an internet problem. All other devices on the network are working fine during this disconnections;
  • During disconnects my macbook shows wifi as connected but I cannot ping or access external or internal devices (google, local omada controller, local Uptime Kuma server, local printers);
  • I have setup Uptime Kuma on a wired computer to monitor (ping) all important devices on the network as well as external devices;
  • During the disconnection, Uptime Kuma server can ping external ips, local printers, local computers as well as the omada controller and the 03 EAP115's;
  • Other wifi devices keep working during this disconnects (dell notebooks and printers);
  • When my devices disconnect, upon reconnected, it sometimes occur that it connects to another device instead of the closest to me - I can see this in the omada controller logs as "mbp-ddutra is roaming from Sala-Direcao[Channel 1] to Programacao[channel 1] with SSID Fibersals".

Here are a couple screenshots of my settings:

Options
6 Reply
Re:Lost connection on Apple devices only
2022-05-11 18:44:33 - last edited 2022-05-11 18:45:47

@ddutra 

I recently came across another article about random Apple-only disconnect issue, turned about to be firmware related, please try updating both controller and APs to latest version, and router if you have one.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-11 19:06:55

@d0ugmac1 thank you very much. I've updated the controller and am testing it. The EAP's had the latest firmware.

Lets see. Thanks.

Options
2022-11-05 16:58:10

@ddutra Did the updated firmware fix things for you?

I am having the exact same problems as you described, but I have the newest firmware on all my devices already. I have already reset my network and still having the issues, just with apple devices, and just on wifi. 

Options
2022-11-05 19:40:48

@jdeeburke out of curiosity I tested few apple's on one of customers networks, all apples faking own mac address were not able to connect to hidden ssid (ppsk without radius), they constantly disconnected. Same network, same encryption just unhidden ssid and all apples connected, same goes for ssid with wpa2.

I already suggested to another user mentioning same problem to contact apple support which is a min. one should do if throwing out money for prestige and heavily overpriced low quality apples which partners with foxconn resulting in extremly low wages, health issues as well as suicide by youths who are forced to work in foxconns factories for being exploited by apple.

Why does it happen to apple that often devices do not work? Simple answer os that apple does not care about standards and instead raising Jobs cult by setting own standards spitting on everybody else. By that, it is apples support who should exactly know what causes those issues since years as well to maybe provide firmware update to fix it (they will preffer you pay first for some help).

As above explained, my suggestion is to contact apple support for possible solutions. You cant force your clients to dump their hw, but personal advice is, void low quality overpriced junk hardware by apple, its not macintosh anymore nor is there a capable person like Jobs was.

Options
2022-11-07 02:37:25

@btx You must not have read any of the previous descriptions of the problems. Nothing you said is helpful in any way. Understandable since you seem to have been salivating over the opportunity to spew your moral superiority and anti-Apple propaganda, you must have decided the details of this request for help are irrelevant.

I keep seeing this pattern over and over when people post about Apple problems on TP-Link networks. People love to hate Apple. Well, like Apple or not, the reality is tons of people have Apple products - some by choice, some not by choice, as their workplace assigns them the device they use. Just saying "Apple sux lol" is such an unhelpful answer. Stop wasting people's time with that.

If this is an Apple problem, then why don't I have this problem on any other network I connect to, ever? Just my Omada network. I've never had any issue like this on any Apple device on any other network ever.

Honestly if you're not going to help, please just click on to the next thread.

Options
2022-11-07 11:18:01

Just FYI I purchased a new Access Point TP-Link Wireless Ax1800 Wi-fi 6 Eap620 HD and it solved all problems.

EAP115(US) v4.0 was the problem (with apple devices).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 7