How to unrestrict Omada Controller connected to 3 x EAPs? VPN and IPTV can't connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to unrestrict Omada Controller connected to 3 x EAPs? VPN and IPTV can't connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-12 17:47:05 - last edited 2022-05-13 00:48:13
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

So here is my issue,  I have a 5G Huawei Router, that's getting internet from a 5G sim card.  The router is then connected to a POE switch which then powers an OMADA Hardware Controller and 3 x EAPs (2 x 225 & 1 x 245).  So I have it all set up and working.  That's what I thought at first.  YouTube, BBC, other news websites work.  But my work VPN doesn't connect and neither does my IPTV. 

When I connect directly to the Huawei 5G router, both works absolutely fine which tells me the problem is in between which is the OMADA controller and the 3 x EAPs.  To further confirm this, I changed the router to a Fibre router from SKY, an ethernet cable from the Sky router into the POE Switch, which then connects to the OMADA controller and the 3 x EAPs.  And same issue happens.  When connected to the Wireless network of the OMAMA Controller/EAPs, those 2 things don't work, but when connected directly to the Sky Router, everything works as it should.

Other stuff might not be working which I'm not aware until I access it.

Is there a way to full unrestrict the network?  Does the issue lies with DNS?  DHCP? Bridge Mode?  I'm completely lost.  I have invested so much money in equipments, running cables behind walls, above ceiling, under the floor to wire my whole house with POE ethernet and now I can't the 2 most importants things to work.

Please help.  

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to unrestrict Omada Controller connected to 3 x EAPs? VPN and IPTV can't connect.
2022-05-12 21:00:51 - last edited 2022-05-13 00:48:13

@Arshad007 

Have you tested to connect your computer directly to the POE switch and see if the issue is preset as well ?

This way you could narrow down the issue to the EAPs configuration.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:How to unrestrict Omada Controller connected to 3 x EAPs? VPN and IPTV can't connect.
2022-05-13 05:35:27

@Arshad007 If your PoE switch also tplink? Is there any VLAN settings you've done?

IPTV service is more related to IGMP or VLAN settings. These settings are based on Switch.

Options
2022-05-13 15:41:25

To get this to all play well, you need all Omada compatible equipment... including to router and  network switches.

Options
2022-05-15 14:41:37

@Arshad007 

If you are just using a single SSID and no VLANs (ie only using untagged VLAN 1) then you don't need all tplink gear.  I suspect the issue is actually the MTU on your WAN interface.

Under Settings->Wired Networks->WAN, Advanced Settings you'll find a box for MTU and for which the default is 1500.  Change this to 1400 to test.  Once you apply the router will reboot and come back online in ~2min.  Try your streaming services and VPN again. 

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 4