Omada SSL import script (originally by ermax)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 13:07:32 - last edited 2022-08-22 01:58:50

Hey everyone,

I have been exploring the world of Omada recently and I think it's a promising platform. Because it's still fairly new and not as popular compared to other brands, I have found the knowledge base and community a bit lacking (in terms of the amount of information available). Basic information like how to upgrade Omada on Linux was a bit too hard to find, if you ask me.

Having deployed a different SDN with Ubuntu based controllers, this was my preferred way of managing Omada too. To get a valid SSL cert on my Ubuntu based controller, I found an old thread on this forum, which seemed to work fairly well. I have made minor changes (for ease of use), but is has been working flawlessly up until today. I wanted to update from 5.0.30 to 5.3.1 and found out I have to rerun the import script after uprading Omada (which is pretty much installing the new version over the old install), but it gave a bunch of errors. Turns out the devs have moved the location of the keystore.

I have fixed the script and it is working as intended again. Unfortunately I can't reply to the old thread, since is is locked. I created a github page for the script. I can't emphasize enough, the credits should pretty much all go to ermax. My intentions are only to help other people get things going, not to steal the show.

The original topic

The Github repo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada SSL import script (originally by ermax)
2022-05-16 11:20:55

@Klementino Great! Tplink should give you a highlight! @fae

I'm not using Linux version controller but your information is very useful

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 555

Replies: 1