Wanna install Omada on a Rasberry Pi2 (careful, it's only 32bit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 21:15:32
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, periodically (mostly when an update is released), I have to look back at my notes to see how to get Omada to bypass the Java server vs Java client deal.   

When I do, I am reminded that I typed up a write up for my dad a while back of how to install Omada on dedicated hardware (Rasberry Pi 2) cheaply.  And with the price of Pi's these days, this might be even more relevent that before.  This was written a WHILE ago, and there have probably been many updates in the forums (sorry if you all had to struggle to figure some of it out, if I already had the data).  Much of the solutions were from other users that I just applied to make work for a Pi2.  I just updated to Omada 5.3.1 today, so it does work.

Here is my write up:  (quick note:  versions still matter - must have Java 1.8 and cannot pass mongodb more than v3.4 (because of the 32 bit limitation)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wanna install Omada on a Rasberry Pi2 (careful, it's only 32bit)
2022-05-15 18:53:45

@carvwa 

Looking forward to your writeup!

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 287

Replies: 1