Changing URL on EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Changing URL on EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Changing URL on EAP245
Changing URL on EAP245
2022-05-15 15:35:17
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have a EAP 245 wall mount which I need to change the address of the controller. I have successfully changed it on my switches but I need to do it on a couple of APs.  How can I do this REMOTELY .  I have access to the router but it does not have the ability for me to VPN in.  I can setup a temporary NAT rule for web access or SSH but I cannot get either to work.  How do I change/factory reset the AP without going to site?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing URL on EAP245
2022-05-15 18:58:31

@Jellyhead 

Is the AP currently managed by an (old) SDN controller?...if so, just forget the device via the UI...this will be the same as a factory reset.

However, if your controller isn't local you can definitely paint yourself into a corner.  I think we need more context on your topology.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2022-05-15 19:04:48

@Jellyhead 

Hi, thanks for the reply.   Two AP's were connected to a controller (version 5) but now I want to move the AP's to another controller using a new DNS name.  This controller is currently shutdown and a new controller and the new domain name is running.  I did not "Forget" the AP's before I shutdown the old controller.

Russ

Options
2022-05-16 08:31:34

@Jellyhead It's hard to do it remotely without any other thing.

A simple way: ask your stuff connect a PC to the EAP site router, and you can do Teamviewer/Anydesk to remote manage the PC. Then use EAP local IP to login, and if this is an EAP with recently firmware, there will be a RESET option on it's web interface. After resetting the EAP, login again and set up Controller IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 3

Related Articles