Unable to Ping LAN from WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-16 03:45:25
Model: TL-R470T+  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6.0.4 Build 20200313 Rel.32850

Hi,

I am trying to do auto failover with this LB. I encountered one problem and that is I can ping the LAN interface from the WAN interface. No issues from LAN to WAN

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to Ping LAN from WAN
2022-05-17 03:50:55

Dear @wizard_010,

wizard_010 wrote

I encountered one problem and that is I can ping the LAN interface from the WAN interface. No issues from LAN to WAN

Please ensure Block Ping from WAN is disabled on the router and try again.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-17 04:01:47

@Fae 

Thank you for replying. I had that done.  My apologies for not including that in my original post. With that done, I can only ping the WAN IP from a laptop connected to the WAN interface. I am unable to ping the LAN interface.

Options
2022-05-19 03:51:57

Dear @wizard_010,

wizard_010 wrote

Thank you for replying. I had that done.  My apologies for not including that in my original post. With that done, I can only ping the WAN IP from a laptop connected to the WAN interface. I am unable to ping the LAN interface.

I see. I think I understand your purpose now. Actually, the TL-R470T+ is a NAT router but not a traditional router you expected. So it's normal that you cannot ping the LAN interface from the laptop connected to the WAN interface.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 3

Related Articles