Failed ER7206 firmware upgrade and unadoption

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-19 23:03:02
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello,

I tried to upgrade the firmware of an ER7206 v1.0 gateway from its Omada Controller and it failed. It tried a second time after a reboot and now the device is no longer adopted.

I've tried to readopt the gateway, and it fails after a long time "adopting". The web interface doesn't say that it is being controlled by Omada, but If I attempt to log in with the username and password I had set up before it was adopted for the first time I get "incorrect username or password".

What can I do? I would very much like to avoid having to factory reset the device and setting it up all over again.

Thanks so much in advance.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Failed ER7206 firmware upgrade and unadoption
2022-05-20 01:04:54 - last edited 2022-05-20 01:05:05

@invid try to adopt the router using your omada sdn username and password or if this failed and if this is your initial setup, then i suggest to reset your router. as per your statement the username and password is incorrect

Options
2022-05-20 01:15:08
Thanks, Jeesoon1. Same results. I guess I'll have to reset it, then.
Options
2022-05-20 04:17:17 - last edited 2022-05-20 04:18:21

Dear @invid

invid wrote

I've tried to readopt the gateway, and it fails after a long time "adopting". The web interface doesn't say that it is being controlled by Omada, but If I attempt to log in with the username and password I had set up before it was adopted for the first time I get "incorrect username or password".

I'd like to add additional information here.

Since the gateway was managed by the controller before, the username and password of the gateway should be the same as that preset under Settings -> Site -> Device Account on the controller, you may confirm you have the right information there.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-20 12:19:20

Thank you, @Fae.

That was the piece of information I needed. Sadly for me, I had already reset the gateway.

On the bright, I will never forget about this setting again.

Options
2022-05-23 02:44:05

Dear @invid,

invid wrote

That was the piece of information I needed. Sadly for me, I had already reset the gateway.

On the bright, I will never forget about this setting again.

Sorry for my late information. Hope everything works good now.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-05-23 03:42:34

Hi  @Fae ,

Sorry if i response first. but that settings is similar to what on my controller. when i view the password it is also the same password on my controller.

Options
2022-05-23 06:29:07

Dear @Jeesoon1,

Jeesoon1 wrote

Sorry if i response first. but that settings is similar to what on my controller. when i view the password it is also the same password on my controller.

No worries, next time you may know that the password under Device Account could be different from the login password of the Controller itself, it depends on what you configured that settings before.

For the Device Account, the username is admin and the password is generated randomly by default. And since the upgrade of Omada Controller v5.1, the Device Account configuration has been added to both Quick Setup and Add New Site to emphasize it presence.

Options
2022-06-06 15:32:31

I came back just to let you know how it all turned out.

The past weekend I managed to readopt the gateway back into the controller. I had to downgrade the firmware back to version 1.1.1, which is weird because the gateway on the main branch (where the controller is located) is the same and I upgraded it to 1.2.0 without any problems whatsoever.

Thank you both again for your replies.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 919

Replies: 8