Powerline adaptor connection events in the logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline adaptor connection events in the logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:Powerline adaptor connection events in the logs
2022-06-03 17:12:35 - last edited 2022-06-03 21:25:25

@GaelForce , @Tedd404 

OK, I don't know if your are just not taking the time to read my posts, or just ignoring my description, so I will reiterate:

There is CONSTANT TRAFFIC across all three powerline devices, they are not going to sleep, hybernating or going into low power mode. (Hint: I also have power saving mode DISABLED on all devices)

NO upstream or downstream hosts connected to the powerline devices are being disconnected.

Its blindingly obvious from the logs that the Omada controller scans the network every 60 minutes, discovers all three devices, logs them as connected, then 8 mins later logs them as disconnected, showing traffic of 0 bytes.

I believe one of the ways the controller maintains the connection status of every device on the network is by monitoring the data transmitted/received from each host device. Since the powerline adapters are not true network hosts and simply pass through traffic from other hosts, the controller, after at timeout period, ASSUMES they are disconnected and INCORRECTLY records this disconnection event in the log. (Hint: They are NOT DISCONNECTED at this point)

The way the controller handles these adapters isn't right, it's generating incorrect information in the logs and needs fixing.

Options
Related Articles