TP Link power Line adapter not working

2024-01-01 15:16:36 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:44:10
Tags: #Network Connectivity #powerlin adapter
Model: TL-PA7017P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey I'm trying to use my Power Line adapter but it's not connecting me to internet
Every thing is set up as it need, i got the powerline Led on on both adapters. Connecting one to my mac in network setting i see this

on the TP Link app on my mac i have this

And no real internet connection, after a few minutes the powerLine Led turns off and i need to resynchronyse them

already checked direct connection to router, changing cable etc

if someone have an idea of how to help me

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link power Line adapter not working-Solution
2024-01-01 16:07:05 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:44:10

@sabbanos5 

Hi,

I see that the "Ethernet port is connected" icon (these icons should resemble the actual LED lights on the adapters) on the upper adapter that is connected to your router does not show in teal color, which indicates there is no connection.

Please replace the Ethernet cable between the router and the TL-PA7017P with another one and then check again if the "Ethernet" light comes on.

For things to work all three LED lights on both TL-PA7017P adapters have to be lit.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:TP Link power Line adapter not working-Solution
2024-01-01 16:07:05 - last edited 2024-01-02 09:44:10

@sabbanos5 

Hi,

I see that the "Ethernet port is connected" icon (these icons should resemble the actual LED lights on the adapters) on the upper adapter that is connected to your router does not show in teal color, which indicates there is no connection.

Please replace the Ethernet cable between the router and the TL-PA7017P with another one and then check again if the "Ethernet" light comes on.

For things to work all three LED lights on both TL-PA7017P adapters have to be lit.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP Link power Line adapter not working
2024-01-01 16:38:52 - last edited 2024-01-01 16:39:23

@woozle 

after i changed cables its know working thanks

but is it normal i got these connection speed while connected to powerline

and on wifi i get this

a cable connection directly to router shows 600mbps

Options
2024-01-01 16:57:58

@sabbanos5 

How far are the two Powerline adapters away from each other?

For comparison, I also own a set of "Gigabit" Powerline adapters (albeit of a different brand) to bridge my home network from one end of the apartment to the other end (about 15 meters walking distance, but of course the length of the electrical wires will be longer). The speed I get fluctuates between 50 to 80 Mbps.

Options
2024-01-01 17:00:45

@woozle Yes i'll say also 15 meters something like that

but will it say the power line adapter connection is then less good than wifi ? I feel like i lost a lot of speed connection from 380 wifi to 90 mps cable

for gaming purpose mostly

Options
2024-01-01 17:17:16

@sabbanos5 

Whether Wi-Fi works better or Powerline works better depends mainly on the construction of the walls inside the building.

If the walls separating the rooms are made of drywall (plasterboard) as is the case in most modern buildings, then Wi-Fi usually works nicely, but if the walls are made from real bricks or reinforced concrete, then Powerline might perform better.

Options
2024-01-02 09:44:21
Thanks for your help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 6

Tags

Network Connectivity
powerlin adapter