EAP610: Wall vs Ceiling mount

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 20:51:55
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

The EAP 610 is meant to be a ceiling mount... are there any differences if mounted in a wall or even left sitting on top of a shelf?

Will the performance (coverage / speed) still be the same as the ceiling mount? Or the antennas are "directional" somehow?

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP610: Wall vs Ceiling mount
2022-06-07 03:45:13

@AvidLearner 

you got a wall there you can put the wall model, consider that. usually it is for hotel-like room. you can use it for a bedroom as well. yet, wall models do not support fast roaming or eap mesh. only dedicated for a single room coverage. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:EAP610: Wall vs Ceiling mount
2022-06-07 15:25:10
Thanks for the reply. Indeed, I do need fast roaming and for 1 of the APs for sure a mesh (as I cannot set a cable there), thus the wall one in general is out of the question (except for a place where I might need to also wire some clients to the AP, there I might use a wall model... yet again not sure how I'll put it in the wall, as the ethernet connector has already a socket with other things (electrical socket, cable-TV, etc...). That's why I am looking at the ceiling ones, but since my ethernet cable sockets are low in the wall, wanted to put it in the wall mid way, to avoid having to put an external cable all the way till the ceiling (works to put it inside are out of the question for now). Any idea on the difference of performance / coverage of the antennas?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 865

Replies: 2