ER605 Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
122 Reply
Re:ER605 Disconnects
2023-01-07 21:27:47

Hi all,

a new version of software controller is available ( only for windows ) : 5.8.4

I can read this in new features :

10. Added support for the following features to Omada Gateway, which requires firmware updates to be released later. Some Omada Gateway models may not support all features, details will be listed in the release notes of new firmware.

So maybe some new fw release for the gateway to come that could solve the disconnect issue , who knows ...

Options
2023-01-07 21:38:58

@pjangeles 

Until now, it works. No more LAN-Disconnects. 

The only thing that didn't work was an isolation of the EAP660HD, but I changed the cable and now it seems to work, too.

I'm not an expert in network and I really struggle with so many features. But shouldn't there be some threshold-options for band-steering ? At least in the manual I can see something like that.

Greetings, 

Oliver

Options
2023-01-10 11:46:04
Hi As I wrote, I changed the ER605 to ER706. Everything is running as it should since then. No more disconnects. Greetings, Oliver
Options
2023-01-10 17:40:36 - last edited 2023-01-10 17:41:56

@caramb 

So, I set up the lab for my r605v2.

It was factory reseted and has minimal configuration : default LAN with a single windows host.

It is running for a couple of hours now.

I will let the community know about the result (stable or not stable).

On the controller side, I did not have a chance to ugrade to 5.8.4 as I'm running on Linux.

I guess a new version will be released in a few days as usual.

Also, it been 19 days since I rolled back to r605v1 and did not face a single issue.

TPOllihome also stated that problems vanished after switching to ER7206.

So, it is quite clear the ER605v2 is the culpirit.

Regards.

Options
2023-01-11 12:14:27

Hi all,

as a home user for this system , i don't want to pay double price for an ER7206 as the ER605 should do the job in a home environment with no extra load on hardware and bandwith. i'm in contact with TPlink and have received a new FW for the ER605 V2 but problems remains , even worst i would say concerning up/down connect/disconnect status.

I also have an TPLINK engineer as a viewer on my controller but he don't see any config problems. The last thing to try is to wait for the linux 5.8.4 version of the software but honestly speaking , i don't really know what to do because all the other things are working well, management off the whole things is quite easy with Omada SDN and i don't fell like changing all my hardware just for this problem that should be solved by TPLINK.

Options
2023-01-16 17:23:55

Just an update on how my ER605 is doing.

It's been a few months since I've had any sort of connection issue with my ER605 (v1). I set a reboot schedule to reboot all network devices (APs and gateway) at the beginning of each month and set up a second one to restart the gateway on the 15th of each month. This seems to have solved my problem at least largely.

Now I'm mainly just waiting for stuff like the DHCP bugs, VPN, etc. to be fixed. Maybe we will get a firmware update soon.

Options
2023-01-18 07:30:19

I am just getting started looking at TP-Link equipment due to the Omada SDN promise ...

I got an ER605v2, TL-SG2008P and a EAP655-Wall. Omada is hosted on Raspberry Pi for now. Setup a test environment yesterday to get familiar with it. Setup with a Macbook Pro connected via a LAN and an Android phone on Wifi. I left this overnight and this morning I had the same issue that ER605 disconnected. This is not load related because nothing was doing much in this test environment overnight. 

Googling the problem brought me straight to this threat. This doesn't look good as it's not even been 24 hours since I set this up and ran into problems. 

Options
2023-01-18 15:55:14

I have had this disconnect issue for some time, with the ER605v2 connecting/disconnecting several times a day.

Last week I decided to restructure my network, moving all TP-Link devices onto the factory default subnet of 192.168.0.0/24. All other devices are on VLANs, so effectively the main LAN is now the Management network.

Since this change I have had no connection issues with the ER605vs after 4 days of uptime. Still early days but I was seeing this issue multiple times per day. 🤞

Options
2023-01-19 10:07:56

ER605(UN) ver 2.0

Firmware version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

Not using the Omada controller software

One client connected directly to the router, rest of the clients uses two EAP225 APs

I bought the router a month ago and it hangs about every 3 days. I have been keeping notes as I try to change some things every time it hangs to try to pinpoint the problem, and noticed that the problem occurs every 3 days for me. When it "hangs" I have connection to the Internet from the router but the LAN side stops responding. Every time the problem occurs I also have noticed that the CPU utilization is quite high, higher than when it is not hanging. I suspected that it could be some DHCP issue and tried different solutions (increased lease time, address reservations etc) but with no luck. I noticed some strange DHCP logging once where it allocated one IP address constantly for many hours with only a couple of seconds apart.

I am on the latest firmware, next step is to try to roll back to the previous (that would be the first version for 2.0 hardware - I am on the second version) firmware to see if it behaves any differently.

I have created a support ticket with TP-Link.

Options
2023-01-19 10:50:42

@DuckOak 

I have an older hardware V1 ER605, and I was running the oldest firmware on it (1.1.1) and it did the same, lost internet and the CPU graph was high. A few months ago I upgraded to firmware 1.2.1, and the problem persists.

Options