ER605 Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
122 Reply
Re:ER605 Disconnects
2023-02-15 19:15:25

@WalrusWW 

I have the setting in Services/Reboot schedule.

But having to reboot the device is a primitive work around as it doesn't fix the base problem. That became very clear today when the router disconnected at lunch and then after dinner. How could you schedule reboots for this behavior?

I got feedback from support yesterday that indicated that my router was defective and should be replaced. Based on the number of people in this thread that have similar problems you can only come to two conclusions; my router is not defective and this is a software (or router design issue) or there are some really bad quality control in TP Link factory.

Options
2023-02-21 05:04:33

Can someone tell me how to set the schedule to auto reboot? this is extremely frustrating as i just got this router yesterday, updated it to the new firmware and have been doing nothing but fight it since yesterday. the damn thing doesn't work half the time.

Options
2023-02-21 06:09:20

@Virgo 

This whole thread is just getting weirder and weirder. 

I manage 2 sites, one with a V1.0 and one with a V2.0 router. They are both on the latest firmware and the V1.0 is super stable, but the V2.0 disconnects multiple times per day without affecting service. 

I'm really thinking this is not a configuration issue but a bug in the router firmware.

Options
2023-02-21 06:54:56
I am new to networking and a home user, since I have two ISP a friend suggested me this router but this has been nothing but pain from the start, i've wasted 2 days trying to figure things out thinking i messed up somewhere but its the damn router to begin with.
Options
2023-02-21 08:33:21

Dear @RatanServegar,

Sorry to hear that you have some trouble with TP-Link products. I'd encourage you to Start a New Thread and elaborate on the issue you encountered so that others can better understand your situation and help you out. If you're seeking for urgent support, you could also directly contact TP-Link Official Technical Support for free.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-21 08:39:02

Dear @KristofBE,

KristofBE wrote

I manage 2 sites, one with a V1.0 and one with a V2.0 router. They are both on the latest firmware and the V1.0 is super stable, but the V2.0 disconnects multiple times per day without affecting service. 

It seems that the disconnect issue can be steadily reproduced in your network. To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230235921, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-21 08:41:08

@Fae instead of telling users to create new threads how about telling us how to capture full router debug/logs for an adopted controller so we can send in bug reports that make sense without having to just say repeatedly "it's Disconnecting at seemingly random intervals" 

I'm still getting disconnects six months after buying this damn thing.

Options
2023-02-21 08:45:48

@amelluk you are not alone, we disconnect with you frequently and randomly

Options
2023-02-21 08:58:06

Dear @DuckOak,

Thank you for your continuous update on the ER605 V2 disconnect issue. It seems that you have contacted the support team for assistance. Do you have a ticket number or reference number with the support? If you would like to try further troubleshooting with our support engineer, I can help to escalate your case directly for further investigation. Let me know if you prefer to replace the router or try further troubleshooting.

BTW, the current latest firmware for ER605 V2 is 2.1.2 Build 20230210, which has fixed all DHCP issues and browser slow loading issue, if you also have DHCP issues, I'd suggest you to upgrade the firmware.

Options
2023-02-21 09:20:37

Dear @Lurk, @amelluk, and other community members,

Sorry to hear that you have the disconnect issue with ER605. We will try the best to figure out the issue, but I'd point out that the root cause of the issue you encountered may vary, telling users to start a new thread is to separate the case when it's likely to be a new different issue. Also, replying with "I have the same issue" actually doesn't help us to figure out the issue but bring panic in others, if you really want to fix your issue efficiently, try to provide more detais as possible as you can so that others may have suggestions for you. If you want to try further troubleshooting with our support engineers, please feel free to let me know.

Options