SG3428XMP(UN) v1.0 - sudden reboots and port blocking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 02:22:07 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:38:12
Model: TL-SG3428XMP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Once again issue with tp-link device, TL-SG3428XMP v1.0(UN) arrived around a week ago with fw version 1.0.2, it was adopted without issues, v1.0.3 worked few days, all ports were tested, everything seemed to work fine but just for 3 days. On fourth day suddenly issues were reported, internet is not working on many devices, wireless disappears, ... all in all, network is broken is what was reported to me. In logs, there are suddenly over 900 errors, a lot of port blocking messages like SG3428XMP's port Gi1/0/10 was blocked. There was no change at all in devices, no new devices were added, cables are pretty new and I tested them, they are perfectly fine, 10gbit worked. Hardware and topology did not change. Disabling Full-Sector DFS is the only change which happened and since then network is broken, resetting, rebooting but no changes, enabling DFS or disabling mesh (which might cause some loop) also do not help, I had to move on physically from that location and whenever I connect to any any device it breaks within 60 seconds, which is exactly what most wired clients reported. Highly probably device will be just sent back where it was ordered from as owner is not impressed, in that price segment there are quite many alternatives. On this screenshot you can see exactly the time when problems started, this is actually almost 24 hours after Full-Sector DFS was disabled (which I do not believe caused the issue, however, it was the only change):

Screenshot was made few minutes ago and as I said, there were no cpu spikes or anything similar, not big traffic and in general it was aroune 11% for the most time.

Here is a screenshot of few blocks blocked:

All in all, over 900 messages within 24hours report about blocking ports. In this screenshot, 22 was amazon's firestick, port 10 was one of several eap's 245. I did not try this switch in standalone mode and have no clue if same issue persists, but something tells me it has to do with omada, especially if the only change 24hours before symptms which caused the havoc was disabling Full-Sector DFS.

Omada Controller version is: 5.3.1

I did not try it in standalone as I had no time for that, for now all devices have been blocked at least once, no matter which device, after some time its port gets blocked, makes it unsable. Switch was adoped on its first boot to controller 5.3.1 where no acl or any other switch related settings were set. Disabling mesh and wireless in did not help too, I am writing this as there is a thread about one symptom for 2008: TL-SG2008P - Blocking Uplink Ports randomly for cascades switches, where in difference to that thread, there are no cascades or switches, devices are directly connected sg3428xmp, some feeling tells me that here are similar origins of the problem where in that thread no resolution is posted meaning probably that this issue is known and persists. @Fae or anybody from tp-link, what is the status on the issue of sg2008p from link above and if you believe that it can be resolved before next week if it is on tp-link, as that is when I am there to either fix or replace it by another device?

Options
6 Reply
Re:SG3428XMP(UN) v1.0 - sudden reboots and port blocking
2022-06-13 06:03:43 - last edited 2022-06-13 06:06:33

Dear @btx,

btx wrote

Disabling mesh and wireless in did not help too, I am writing this as there is a thread about one symptom for 2008: TL-SG2008P - Blocking Uplink Ports randomly for cascades switches, where in difference to that thread, there are no cascades or switches, devices are directly connected sg3428xmp, some feeling tells me that here are similar origins of the problem where in that thread no resolution is posted meaning probably that this issue is known and persists. @Fae or anybody from tp-link, what is the status on the issue of sg2008p from link above and if you believe that it can be resolved before next week if it is on tp-link, as that is when I am there to either fix or replace it by another device?

It's confirmed to be a SONOS issue. I've re-marked the solution reply in that thread.

For your case, it's apparently a loop issue, we need to find out which device creates loops or causes the issues.

Is that possible for you to disconnect the wireless devices from the network for checking, confirm that wired devices all work well without loop, then connect the wireless devices one by one to determine which device might cause the issue? Or try to change Loopback Control to Off and see if the network would work just without any issues?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-13 10:59:55 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:24:16

EDIT

Options
2022-06-13 21:10:11 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:24:06

EDIT

Options
2022-06-14 01:52:34

Dear @btx,

btx wrote

EDIT3: ports 20-24 are back alive, first I flashed directly from omada, resulting in same, ports 20-24 did not work, then I brought device back into standalone and flashed from there same 1.0.3, readapted and ports 20-24 worked

I guess your old 48port switch that works with no loops and no issues doesn't support Loopback Detection, right?

For managed switch TL-SG3428XMP V1the Loopback Detection is disabled in Standalone mode by default, while it's enabled in Controller mode. So if the network works in Standalone mode, I think it's because the Loopback Detection is disabled.

There is no easier way to find the loops in the network, if you are very restricted to try more, perhaps you may just disable Loopback Detection on all ports and re-adopt the switch via the Controller for use. If you still want to find out the loops, perhaps you could try to enable Loopback Detection on each port one by one, then verify which port will trigger the port blocking.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-14 03:04:53 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:24:27

EDIT

Options
2022-10-13 11:24:43

@Fae / @Hank21 please lock this thread, there will be no further replies from OP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 6