EAP265 HD AC1750 not transmitting WIFI at received speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 12:09:19 - last edited 2022-06-14 01:02:22
Model: EAP265 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.3

Hi,

I hvae two EAP265 access poins connected to my home netwrok via ethernet at 1Gbit speeds but I only get just over 100mbps on speed tests.

I have virgin 1Gbit internet conection which I have tested and varefied at the modem.

Modem is ethernet connected via ethernet to the house netwrok central point. (new build house with fully cabled home network). Connection is then connected to a Netgear GS608 gigabit switch which in turn sends the connection to the main rooms of the house. Connection speed at the swtich input face plate and all switch ports is between 950Mbps and 1020Mbps, all tested via harwired laptop. Connection tests completed at wall ports for all rooms with results as per switch, bar one room which returns 100Mpbs, so this one room will need to be investigated (suspect badly or incorrecctly wired face palte).

Custom netwrok SSID's generated on the AP's for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz in order to seperatly test all access points bands and results are poor and dissapointing with the best result being just over 100Mbps and the average around 60Mbps. same test device connected to router also via WIFI returns 600Mbps+ ruling out device issue. 

Both access points show  ETH1 received speed of 1000Mbps - FD so I'm fairly confident the AP's are receiving the full allocated speed but this is just not being broardcast from the AP's

Am I missing somthing here because I purchaded two AP's with WIFI speeds of 450mbps @ 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps @ 5GHz.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP265 HD AC1750 not transmitting WIFI at received speeds
2022-06-14 06:32:58

@Shortone1975 I read many of the similar posts before. There are two things you many need to try:

1. Try set up a 5Ghz only SSID and check the Link Speed on the test device. Tplink even writes an article about this;

2. If the link speed is 600Mbps-800Mbps it should be good enough. Then take another computer and run Iperf test

This test will tell us the actually throughput on this EAP.

You can also try change wireless channels(2.4Ghz to 1,6 or 11; and 5Ghz on 36 or 48) to see if there is any difference.

Options
Re:EAP265 HD AC1750 not transmitting WIFI at received speeds
2022-06-14 14:16:20

@Shortone1975 

You are fighting technology and reality...real world radio throughputs almost never hit their theoretical maximums, consider yourself lucky if you get more than 25% of the max theoretical.  You could of course move to the dark side of the moon where you'd have no other forms of radio interference from neighbours and the lack of an atmosphere and zero humidity should further improve things.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 2

Related Articles