CPE710 AP Client router on both sides

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 13:12:53
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently bought two CPE710 to make a link between two buildings. I want to take the existing wifi from building A and create a new wifi in building B, using the CPE710 as the bridge.

Here is what I would like to have as a setup:

1. Existing AP in building A share a wifi connection (ssid: PublicWifi)
  2. CPE710 in building A take the PublicWifi signal and broadcast it (ssid: BuildingA)
  3. CPE710 in building B take the BuildingA signal and repeat it in the second building

Is that possible? Currently I have the building A set as AP client router and building B set as Client mode. The wired ethernet connection works but I would like to have wifi instead.

My idea was to use AP Client router on both sides. I've tried it and building B would get a wifi signal but without access to the internet.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE710 AP Client router on both sides
2022-06-14 06:23:36

@FelixINX CPE710 only has directional antenna. So the 1st CPE should be connected to your building A router via Ethernet cable, and setup as Access Point mode;

And 2nd CPE should be Client mode. If you want to share wifi signal in building B, you can add another indoor AP to the Client CPE.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 1