iphones kicked out of guest network before voucher expires

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-13 18:00:27
Tags: #Portal #iPhone
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi has anyone the same issue? Some of my guest get kicked out of the guest network. In my case the vouchers expire after first use so I need to provide a new one to authenticate again. It only concerns iPhones. Today it happend to 3 iphones at around the same time. It seems that the MAC-adress has not changed so I can't really explain why they need to authentify again.

Btw. has anyone an idea how to print the SSID and the wifi passwort on the vouchers? Is there a trick? Would be great to have these information on there.  

Thanks for your help. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:iphones kicked out of guest network before voucher expires
2022-06-14 04:37:22

Lens wrote

Hi has anyone the same issue? Some of my guest get kicked out of the guest network. In my case the vouchers expire after first use so I need to provide a new one to authenticate again. It only concerns iPhones. Today it happend to 3 iphones at around the same time. It seems that the MAC-adress has not changed so I can't really explain why they need to authentify again.

Btw. has anyone an idea how to print the SSID and the wifi passwort on the vouchers? Is there a trick? Would be great to have these information on there.  

Thanks for your help. 

Hi  @Lens 

We hear similar feedback before but that was related to "Private Address" feature of iOS. (and we saw MAC address changing in that cases)

For your case:

1. May I know the model number of your EAP and firmware version of your EAP/Controller?

2. Can you get to know your customers' iPhone iOS version? If possible, I want to have test on my side;

3. Do you have your own iPhone/iOS devices to do the test? For your reference in our lab, we have EAP245 and we did not see the same issue before. Only when we tap "Forget" network on iPhone, the iPhone needs to do authentication again(because of Private Address feature)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-06-14 16:14:07
Hi Hank, thanks for your feedback. I will double check the "ignoring" of the network thing if it really affects the MAC-Adress. But in my case the guests did not seem to ignore the network. Could Apples private relay be an issue? I have a network of 8 APs with: 3x EAP 225 Outdoor v1 EU (FW 5.0.8) 3x EAP 245 v3 EU (FW 5.0.5) 2x EAP 610 Outdoor v1 (FW 1.0.6) All use the same WLAN-Groupe.
Options
2022-07-11 20:27:19

@Lens  complete details of the cause of the error is listed in the events, please check the logs >events.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 3

Tags

Portal
iPhone
Related Articles