Omada Cloud-Based Controller V1 vs Omada Software Controller V5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-14 15:57:07 - last edited 2022-06-15 00:44:05

What is the difference between Cloud-Based vs Software controller? I installed both on seperate VM's and the UI look identical. Some feature set I'm overlooking?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Cloud-Based Controller V1 vs Omada Software Controller V5-Solution
2022-06-14 21:13:22 - last edited 2022-06-15 00:43:26

@danicjct 

To the best of my knowledge, there is no real difference in functionality, it's simply the choice of having an on-premise server or using a cloud server.

That being said the cloud based server is more targeted to very large, multi site setups with thousands of devices.  For that reason it does support zero touch provisioning which I have been meaning to try out   indecision

If you have only a small network with two or three sites, and less than 1500 clients, the cloud version is not likely required.  The cloud version is also not free (device licence)

More info here if interested, scroll near to the bottom  

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/omada-cloud-based-controller/#solutions_cases

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Omada Cloud-Based Controller V1 vs Omada Software Controller V5-Solution
2022-06-14 21:13:22 - last edited 2022-06-15 00:43:26

@danicjct 

To the best of my knowledge, there is no real difference in functionality, it's simply the choice of having an on-premise server or using a cloud server.

That being said the cloud based server is more targeted to very large, multi site setups with thousands of devices.  For that reason it does support zero touch provisioning which I have been meaning to try out   indecision

If you have only a small network with two or three sites, and less than 1500 clients, the cloud version is not likely required.  The cloud version is also not free (device licence)

More info here if interested, scroll near to the bottom  

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-sdn-controller/omada-cloud-based-controller/#solutions_cases

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 1