EAP disconnected when moved to new location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-17 11:18:59 - last edited 2022-06-23 11:03:05
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.0.7 Build 20220120 Rel. 37786

I have created my first TP Link Controller on a Windows box. I found and adopted two EAP225-Outdoor APs. All working fine. These devices need to provide WiFi at a different physical location, when the APs are connected in the remote location the WiFi is working as expected but the devices are showing offline in the controller. I have opened all required ports on the router. Do I need to bring the APs back onto the LAN with the controller and reconfigure the APs to get them to see the Controller from afar? Thanks for anyone who can advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP disconnected when moved to new location-Solution
2022-06-18 11:05:54 - last edited 2022-06-23 11:03:05

@ha_tech 

what you did at first, you were adopting them from local site(lan). omada controller works by lan. this is the default working mode. if you want to manage it remotely, you are gonna do something else to manage them. port forwarding and adopt them over the internet. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3087/

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP disconnected when moved to new location-Solution
2022-06-18 11:05:54 - last edited 2022-06-23 11:03:05

@ha_tech 

what you did at first, you were adopting them from local site(lan). omada controller works by lan. this is the default working mode. if you want to manage it remotely, you are gonna do something else to manage them. port forwarding and adopt them over the internet. https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3087/

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP disconnected when moved to new location
2022-06-21 09:05:19

@Tedd404 thanks very much for the advice. I've had a look and will forget and try and re-adopt them remotely if I can. I was hoping to be able to simply 'set-inform' on the APs to ask them to look for the WAN IP of the network where the controller is hosted because the devices are going to be located on a network that I don't have (and don't need) access to. Do you know if I get the devices back on the LAN where they were adopted if I can configure them so I can simply plug them in to a working network elsewhere and not have to run discovery etc on the remote network? All port forwarding is configured on the router, I have no hardware controller. Would entering my WAN in Settings > lots of clicks > Option 138 effectively set inform the host controller? Any advice very gratefully received.

Options
Re:EAP disconnected when moved to new location
2022-06-23 11:03:43

@Tedd404 thanks again for your help. I reset both devices and adopted them at a remote location, all working seamlessly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 462

Replies: 3

Related Articles