Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 13:16:41 - last edited 2022-06-23 03:45:42
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717

Greetings.

Several of my switches support LACP:

TL-SG2008P

TL-SG2428P

And in their user guides for standalone configuration there are provisions for configuring:

port-channel load-balance { src-mac | dst-mac | src-dst-mac | src-ip | dst-ip | src-dst-ip }

However there are no provisions for configuring this when they are managed by the Omada Controller software.

Is it present and I am just not seeing it?

If not, will it be added soon?

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?-Solution
2022-06-23 01:48:49 - last edited 2022-06-23 03:45:42

Dear @user223344,

user223344 wrote

I have found the general LAG configuration but what I am after, specifically, is a way to set the port-channel load-balance algorithm of the LAG.

However when they are under the control of the Omada software they cannot be managed via their web GUI nor their CLI and this parameter does not appear in the Omada GUI so there doesn't appear to be a way to set/change it.

When the switch is under the control of the Omada Controller, the port-channel load-balance algorithm (Hash Algorithm) is SRC MAC+DST MAC. I'm afraid that there is no option to set/change the Hash Algorithm of the LAG when it's in Controller mode.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?
2022-06-22 03:01:28

Dear @user223344,

user223344 wrote

However there are no provisions for configuring this when they are managed by the Omada Controller software.

To configure LACP via Omada Controller, you may navigate to Settings -> Wired Networks -> LAN -> Switch Settings to Edit Port Profile.

Then edit one of the ports you want to have in the LAG, check "Profile Overrides" and then select "Aggregating" option as below.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?
2022-06-22 11:11:50

Thank you @Fae for the reply.

I have found the general LAG configuration but what I am after, specifically, is a way to set the port-channel load-balance algorithm of the LAG.

When the switches are in standalone mode this parameter is available in their web GUI:

Jetstream Switch User Guide

(section 3.2.3, page 126)

as well as their CLI:

Jetstream Switch CLI Reference Guide

(chapter 13.2, page 104)

However when they are under the control of the Omada software they cannot be managed via their web GUI nor their CLI and this parameter does not appear in the Omada GUI so there doesn't appear to be a way to set/change it.

Let me know any thoughts.

Thanks again!

Options
Re:Omada Controller 5.1.7 - LACP - port-channel load-balance / etherchannel load-balance?-Solution
2022-06-23 01:48:49 - last edited 2022-06-23 03:45:42

Dear @user223344,

user223344 wrote

When the switch is under the control of the Omada Controller, the port-channel load-balance algorithm (Hash Algorithm) is SRC MAC+DST MAC. I'm afraid that there is no option to set/change the Hash Algorithm of the LAG when it's in Controller mode.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-23 02:21:27

@Fae thank you again for replying, any chance this could be added in the next release of the omada software?

Sometimes it's obscure settings like these that are not used by most but are a real let down for those who need them & can't be changed in the omada software.

Thanks again!

Options
2022-06-23 03:45:27

Dear @user223344,

user223344 wrote

@Fae thank you again for replying, any chance this could be added in the next release of the omada software?

Sometimes it's obscure settings like these that are not used by most but are a real let down for those who need them & can't be changed in the omada software.

I've recorded this as a feature request, will forward it to the developer team for further evaluation.

To make your feature requests seen and voted by more people, I'd encourage you submit the feedback under the block of Requests & Suggestions. With more voice, the feature might have more chance to be supported earlier. Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1185

Replies: 5

Related Articles