Mirroring over multiple switches

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 19:50:12
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.1

I want to monitor my Internet traffic with ntopng.

My Configuration is as shown below:

|Omada Gateway| ----- |Switch A (TL-SG24248P)| ------ |Switch B (TL-SG2210MP)| ----- |VM running NTOPNG (on a Proxmox VE instance)|

Is it possible to setup a mirroring port at switch A and pass it over switch B to the virtual machine? Using a seperate VLAN or similar?

Any help appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mirroring over multiple switches
2022-06-22 11:41:08

@S-K I did not test but I think you can try set up 2210MP switch B uplink port as Mirroring port(to mirror to virtual machine) , and on switch A downlink port set up as Mirrored port(and use another port on switch A to mirror this downlink port).

Options
Re:Mirroring over multiple switches
2022-06-28 14:14:31

@Somnus With uplink an downlink port you mean the ports that connect the switches to each other? Then I would mirror all the traffic traversing the two switches, wouldn't I? I only want to mirror traffic from/to one specific port.

Unfortunately these switches don't support RSPAN like Cisco or HP do. So I guess this won't work at all and I have to mirror directly on switch A (TL-SG24248P).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 2

Related Articles