Omada controller cannot detect EAP225 outdoor mesh
I'm trying to setup a network with wired access points and mesh access points. (The network is not connected to the internet.)
But is seems like things aren't working as it should be. I'm pretty new to this. So, it is possible that I'm doing something wrong or I may mis something. I would really appreciate all the help I get here from you guys.
Below more information about the issue and an illustration of my setup.
I've some trouble with setting up a network using the mesh feature for the EAP225-outdoor (V3) . I want to setup a network with 2 wired AP's, 1 mesh AP, 1 server, 1 router, 1 switch. After connecting everything, the results are as follow:
- The EAP225-Outdoor is nowhere to be seen in the controller!!!
- The wired AP's (EAP245) will be visible in the omada controller and adopted successfully
- I've tried different versions of the omada software controller to see what results it gives. In the newer versions V4.4.6 and V5.3.1, it can't even detect or see the wired AP's. Only in the Omada software controller V3.2.16 can see the wired devices.
- What is the reason that the EAP225 is not visible to the root AP / controller?
- Why are the newer software controllers not seeing the wired AP's?
- Am I using the wrong software controller? But I tried different versions with a different outcome (newer once can't even detect anything)
- Are the firmwares not the right ones?
- Do I really need to use the hardware OC controller? Is it this that I'm missing? Because at the moment I only use the Omada software controller
- I've checked the firmwares and they are up-to-date. (I even updated the router, just to make sure)
- I've double checked the release notes of the firmwares and it says that those versions of AP's supports the Omada controller V4. But when I used it, all of the access points are not visible
- Mesh feature and auto-fallover is enabled in the controller
- All the roaming settings are enabled
- 1x Windows server 2016
- 1x Router TL-ER6020
- 1x Switch TL-SG1016
- 2x EAP245(EU) V3 (wired) - Firmware:5.0.3 Build 20210604 Rel. 51934
- 1x EAP225-outdoor(EU) V3 (mesh) - Firmware: 5.0.7 BUild 20220120 Rel. 37786
- Omada Software controller V3.2.16
My setup is illustrated below:
Thank you guys in advance!