EAP 225 Indoor Units - Help needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 01:37:23
Tags: #EAPs Disconnected and Isolated
Model: EAP225-Wall  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.03

Hi All,

Last night my OC200 cloud controller (1.15.2 Build 20220323 Rel.60717  Firmware version 5.1.7) attempted to complete a monthly routine scrub/reboot of all my EAPs. Note this controller has had a history of going online/offline for no apparent reason (self reboot?)

---(4x) EAP 225 Wall Indoor v2 - 5.0.3 Build 20210604 Rel. 53135 (2/4 functioning properly)

---(1x) EAP225  Outdoor v1 - 5.0.5 Build 20210618 Rel. 33345 (no issues)

---(2x) EAP 245 Wall v3 - 5.0.3 Build 20210708 Rel. 35014 (1/2 functioning properly)

During this process and alert was made in the log : [Failed]Reboot schedule Routine Scrub failed to execute on 7 EAPs and 0 switches and 0 gateways.

(1x) EAP 245 was then disconnected and then went into isolation 

(2x) EAP225 Wall disconnected within 10 seconds of each other

I was able to link and mesh the EAP 245s together and they seem to be working again.  I have been unable to restore controller access to the EAP225s.

Short of pulling these from the wall and trying a hard restart on each unit, connecting a laptop and reconfiguring I have tried all the basics

Shut down/restarted the OC200 - Takes a few minutes but powered back up and allowed me access via app and computer

Restarted the Yuanley 802.3 PoE switch - powered up - even switched ports to assure PoE was going through (No problems noted)

Confirmed rack mount surge protector working and did not take a hit - A-OK

Tried to force provision the EAP225s to the controller setting (response is that it succeeded but nothing happens)

These all have been working for the past 2 years without any problems until last night  when these APs were "last seen" within 30 seconds of each other.

Questions for the crowd:

1. Why would this have occurred? Especially after 2 years

2. How to I confirm that these units have not all gone defective at the same time?

3. How do I re-establish these units properly?  

3a.  Do I "Forget" the APs and attempt to reconfigure in hopes they can be found by the OC200 again

3b.  Do I wait?  Hope that by the miracles of networking the suddenly reappear?

3c.  Get replacements?

3d.  Look to my fellow techies for a solution (hoping for this one, IT budget is slim right now)

Any good advice on restoring these would be most appreciated.  Thanks in advance all

Warren

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 225 Indoor Units - Help needed
2022-07-08 05:42:08

@warwatson 

1. in the last 2 yrs, did you add anything into your network? tweak anything like DHCP server or create some servers on your own?

2. if everything goes defective, and your surge protector is fine. what would you think could be blamed? POE most likely.

to test if the eap is defective, check the physical connections, poe and cables. 

3. do you hit a power throttle? what's the power budget for poe on your switch? newly added any poe devices?

4. you don't have to reset the controller. do not reset it. you are free to reset any of the eap to confirm their work-ability. if you reset the controller, everything will be lost. 

if you reset the eap instead, you are free to adopt them and apply the settings from the controller to the eaps.

eap shows up as "isolated" = unable to connect the the root eap. if this continues, it'll show up as disconnected in the end. 

you should check the distance between the root ap and the outdoor one. you should be able to select the root ap. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Tags

EAPs Disconnected and Isolated
Related Articles