Connect the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor to your own WiFi router for hotel WiFi reception

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor to your own WiFi router for hotel WiFi reception

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 16:53:51 - last edited 2022-07-14 00:54:30
Tags: #EAP225-Outdoor
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello and a question:

Can i configure the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor to receive hotel/camping WiFi in such a way that you plug the LAN cable into your own WiFi router and this then opens its own WiFi for family/authorized persons?

Requirements:

1. Only my own WiFi router should emit WiFi (because of VPN WireGuard)

2. The TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor should not broadcast its own WLAN

In principle, the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor should only be the extended, location-flexible WLAN antenna for the router.

Is that possible - and if so: How do I have to proceed?

Is there an example guide?

Kind regards

Paul

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor to your own WiFi router for hotel WiFi reception
2022-07-14 07:53:00

@Paul-2 

EAPs are primarily used as APs to extend the WiFi coverage of devices such as routers, not as receivers to receive WiFi signals.
It is usually wired to the router and then broadcasts the WiFi signal to the wireless client.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Connect the TP-Link EAP225 Outdoor to your own WiFi router for hotel WiFi reception
2022-07-14 15:38:57 - last edited 2022-07-14 15:40:45

@Paul-2 

The EAP225-Outdoor cannot be configured as a WiFi<-->Ethernet bridge, but there are plenty of other devices out there that can.  I know the Netgear AC750 capable EX3700 (<$30 on Amazon.com) will do this and it just plugs into any old AC outlet for power.  100M ethernet connection from the extender to your router then...

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 2

Tags

EAP225-Outdoor
Related Articles