Backup - Export to Fileserver - SCP -- Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-13 18:03:08 - last edited 2022-07-18 04:02:43
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.3.1

Omada: 5.3.1

From my unprivilaged user account and root I can run the SCP from the command line and it works just fine.
scp ./test.txt backupuser@192.168.100.100:/Backup/Omada

Type: SCP

Server IP: 192.168.100.100

Port: 22

SCP User: backupuser

SCP Pass: password

File Path: /Backup/Omada

Error:

Failed to connect to the file server. The file server may not exist or it is temporarily unavailable. Please check the information and your network connection, and try again.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Backup - Export to Fileserver - SCP -- Not Working-Solution
2022-10-24 12:04:30 - last edited 2022-10-24 12:04:34

Dear @FreeSamples,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! The SCP related issue has been fixed in Omada Controller v5.6.3.

The omada software controller v5.6.3 has just been released, you could check for an update online via cloud access, or follow this post to download the firmware for manual upgrade.

If you are using Omada hardware controller, please wait another few days for the firmware update. This thread will be actively updated to notify the latest firmware release for Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Backup - Export to Fileserver - SCP -- Not Working
2022-07-13 21:50:39 - last edited 2022-10-24 12:04:41

@FreeSamples Yes, it seems to be broken.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/567792

Options
2022-07-14 00:31:40

Awesome. Thank you for the heads up!

Options
Re:Backup - Export to Fileserver - SCP -- Not Working-Solution
2022-10-24 12:04:30 - last edited 2022-10-24 12:04:34

Dear @FreeSamples,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! The SCP related issue has been fixed in Omada Controller v5.6.3.

The omada software controller v5.6.3 has just been released, you could check for an update online via cloud access, or follow this post to download the firmware for manual upgrade.

If you are using Omada hardware controller, please wait another few days for the firmware update. This thread will be actively updated to notify the latest firmware release for Omada Controller, welcome to subscribe!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-12-14 19:09:03

@Fae 

I'm adding to this thread because I'm getting the same error even after updating: 

"Failed to connect to the file server. The file server may not exist or it is temporarily unavailable. Please check the information and your network connection, and try again."

I am running the latest Omada SDN Controller firmware (5.7.4) on Ubuntu OS. 

My backup server is Ubuntu 22.04 and all attempts to use the Auto-backup fail to the new Ubuntu 22.04 server. 

When I switch back to my old backup server (running Ubuntu 18.04) it works without issues. 

Is there anything that needs to be done after the update to get the new Omada software to backup to a new host?

Options
2022-12-26 07:10:17 - last edited 2022-12-26 07:10:47

Dear @winjoda,

winjoda wrote

I'm adding to this thread because I'm getting the same error even after updating: 

"Failed to connect to the file server. The file server may not exist or it is temporarily unavailable. Please check the information and your network connection, and try again."

I am running the latest Omada SDN Controller firmware (5.7.4) on Ubuntu OS. 

My backup server is Ubuntu 22.04 and all attempts to use the Auto-backup fail to the new Ubuntu 22.04 server. 

When I switch back to my old backup server (running Ubuntu 18.04) it works without issues. 

Is there anything that needs to be done after the update to get the new Omada software to backup to a new host?

Sorry for the late response. The issue you reported above cannot be reproduced by the support engineers.

If the issue can be steadily reproduced with your controller 5.7.4 on your side, please feel free to let me know, I'll help to escalate your case to the engineer for further investigation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 925

Replies: 5

Related Articles