Business Partner wish list for Omada ER8411, ER7206, 605 etc
As a new business partner with TP-Link and someone who is exploring moving all of our customers to TP-Link Omada I need a few features. We have 100 customer sites and while none are complex with network designs they all require the same level of security due to compliance requirements. We currently run a mix environment of Sophos SG series and Sonicwall NSA appliances for our customers. I am testing Omada in place of some Ubiquiti sites to see what can be delivered. Below is a list of some critical needs for us to achieve our required goals for our customers.
- Web Protection with catagories not something we have to manually enter for sites that are allowed and not allowed
- Enforcing Safe Search for Google, Bing etc
- Whitelist and Blacklist website options
- Option to block unverified websites
- Options to block all ads and ad trackers on websites
- Web server protect - this is a key item in Sophos which protects public facing servers from attacks which will auto blacklist any IP found to cause an attack like ddos, malicious scripts etc
- Network Protection ex IPS, IDS, DPI & Application Control
- Country blocking
- SSL VPN with being able to specify what lan network the SSLVPN traffic is allowed to access
- HTML5 VPN with user portal along with being able to speficy what device aka computer terminal or virtual host each user can access
- Cert management for SSLVPN clients and endpoints for cert base access
- TP-Link Business tech support access portal in Omada instead of sharing our login info so tech support can assist when issues are reported.
- DHCP options 66 & 67 needed for PXE Boot
- VOIP SIP & H.323
- Add wireshark or packet capture feature
- Add support One-To-One NAT to any WAN Connectivity type
- add LAN LAG (Link Aggregation) feature
- Name interfaces for wan and lan connections
- Sandstorm basically TP-Link brand of Virus Total where it scans the site and scans the downloads to verifiy its safe before allowing the user access.
- OC200 & OC300 site backup to cloud storage accounts ex. Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive etc. This would be useful to store the backups to a single cloud account instead of on the devices themselves or usb connected device.
- Fix large packet detect/flood issues
Without these features we basically have to use 3rd party services or stay with UTM appliances. I know this is a far reach for the current firewalls but I am hopeful with Omada and the soon to be released ER8411 it will open some doors for business customers that require proper security features. If this wish list can be achieved TP-Link can expect to see my business alone purchase over 2000 items