Setup FRITZBox (Gateway) and TP-Link Omada Devices OC200, EAP610, TL-SG2428P JetStream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup FRITZBox (Gateway) and TP-Link Omada Devices OC200, EAP610, TL-SG2428P JetStream

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-19 19:52:06 - last edited 2022-11-01 10:35:52
Tags: #Adoption #Fritzbox
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.1.7

Hello, everyone,

I would like to give you feedback on how I performed my setup with a FRITZ!Box 7590 as a gateway/router and TP-Link Omada Devices OC200, EAP610, TL-SG2428P JetStream. Please also give me feedback if I forgot security-related settings or could do the setup differently.

The FRITZ!Box is only used for VPN connections between FB and FB, as well as for telephoning / DECT and the WIFI of the FRITZ!Box is switched off.

First of all, everyone must know that the FRITZ!Box cannot handle VLANs and therefore the TP-Link system VLAN (1 LAN) must not be changed!

(Theoretically, with this setup, you could also use a different router that also doesn't handle VLANs)

However, so that the FRITZ!Box can do something with the different networks, routing tables must be created on the FRITZ!Box.

In this setup, the FRITZ!Box only recognizes the TL-SG2428P JetStream switch

and Omada Controller OC200, both in the VLAN (1 LAN).

The EAPs are directly connected to the TL-SG2428P switch in the VLAN (15 MGMGT)

and are therefore in a different network than the switch and the controller VLAN (1 LAN).

The three EAP610 receive their IP from the TP-Link switch TL-SG2428P through the

internal VLAN interface and DHCP server and therefore the FRITZ!Box does not know them either.

However, so that the Omada controller can find and configure the EAPs in the other VLAN,

the IP address of the Omada controller must be entered on the switch for Interface VLAN (15 MGMT) under "DHCP option 138".

I hope.

With this setup, the internal data traffic (clients, NAS, IOT,...) is completely handled by the TL-SG2428P JetStream switch.
The FRITZ!Box is only required for the Internet.

The two VLANS/Networks 50 Guest and 60 Work are completely isolated and can only access the Internet. ACL rules must be created for this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup FRITZ!Box (Gateway) and TP-Link Omada Devices OC200, EAP610, TL-SG2428P JetStream
2022-07-19 20:31:58 - last edited 2022-07-19 21:05:05

Of course I also have a few questions and suggestions.

1. Is it possible to specify the FRITZ!Box as a gateway on a port?
2. Is it possible to define the uplink port on the switch?
3. Is it possible to place the speed test on a specific port?

4. On the web interface of the switch (without controller) there is the option of "Manual Binding" to assign IPs to specific MAC addresses.
I can't find this option on the Omada controller.

DHCP reservation only works in VLAN (1 LAN)

Since I don't have a TP-Link gateway, however, I have a TP-Link TL-SG2428P JetStream switch.

You can also create interfaces and DHCP servers on the switch.

Why can't I also enter the settings for the switch here? It would be more convenient than the Switch sidebar menu.

I have tested this for an EAP on Port 5 but the EAP seems not get the IP from VLAN 100 Interface.

The switch get the VLAN 100 interface but no other configs (DHCP ...) .The EAP get isolated and Mesh is on.

EAP610          Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220120 Rel. 53691

TL-SG2428P  Firmware Version: 4.0.0 Build 20210903 Rel.55744

Maybe some Bugs?

On Omada Controller Webinterface for the 

TP-Link Devices
Omada Controller -> Devices -> "Device Name" is not the same in
Omada Controller -> Insight -> "Name"

For other Client Devices
Omada Controller -> Clients -> "Username" is the same in
Omada Controller -> Insight -> "Name"

Maybe For TP-Link Devices the "Name" in Device Config should be copied into the client config in "Known Clients" list ?

Many greetings

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 3936

Replies: 1

Tags

Adoption
Fritzbox
Related Articles