connection fail with a wan/lan port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-20 08:48:55
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi 

I am currently working on setting up a ER7206 load-balancer from a Omada server, and i am getting some strange behavior on one of the configure LAN ports. 

The overall setup is that there are 2 wan ports (WAN and WAN/LAN1) and 3 LAN ports (WAN/LAN2, LAN1 and LAN2) where LAN1 and LAN2 is configured to be in the same IP range (192.168.11.1/24) with enabled DHCP server . For the WAN/LAN2 port the IP range i set to be 192.168.10.1/24 with enabled DHCP server. The LAN1 and LAN2 is created as a default on by omada and the WAN/LAN2 i created with the "Create new LAN" 

On my laptop the ethernet port is on a docking station connected through USB. When i am using the WAN/LAN2 and the docking ethernet port my Windows Subsystem Linux terminal (WSL) is not getting a internet connection, i cant ping out on the internet, but i dont have any problems browsering the web nor problems pinging from a windows powershell terminal.

I also have a ethernet to USB adaptor, when using that with the WAN/LAN2 port my laptop is not getting a connection to the internet at all. The laptop gets an IP from the DHCP server as it should. 

When i switch over to use the LAN1 or LAN2 i dont have any problems connecting to the internet neither with the docking station nor the USB adaptor. 

Network - LAN - profile - All

I can see under the network - profile and the "all" profile that the "LAN10" which is the WAN/LAN2, is set under the Tagged Networks. Can this course my problem? if so, is there a way to fix it, because i cant edit in the "all" profile. 

There is created a profile for the LAN10, where Native Network is set to LAN10 and Untagged network to LAN10 

I will provide more information if needed, just ask :D

thanks in advance

Regards Andreas

Options
2 Reply
Re:connection fail with a wan/lan port
2022-07-21 05:31:02 - last edited 2022-07-21 05:32:33

@AESM Are you able to Ping outside server like 8.8.8.8 with WAN/LAN2 port?

I guess it could be a DNS issue the Internet actually works.

The port profile should not take influence on your configurations, since this profile is designed for the Switch. You are only using ER7206 the gateway.

Options
Re:connection fail with a wan/lan port
2022-07-21 06:40:06

@Somnus 

When using my docking station i can ping 8.8.8.8 from a powershall terminal but i cant ping 8.8.8.8 from my WSL terminal when connected to WAN/LAN2. Normally i dont have any problem with my WSL terminal connecting to the internet. 

When using my ethernet-to-USB adaptor i dont get a internet at all. I cant ping 8.8.8.8 nor browse the web

I have also tried a PC with a build in ethernet port and with that PC, there are no problem. it connects to the internet and can ping 8.8.8.8 from a WSL terminal. 

Thanks for clear up what the profile i used for.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 2